With these two words, Vertex makes the promise that we will always be versatile in developing solutions to our clients’ unique needs and that we will always demonstrate expertise in our designated fields.
Since 1962, Vertex has been a leading North American provider of environmental services. With over 50 years of expertise, Vertex helps clients achieve their development goals through our versatile suite of services. From the initial site selection, consultation and regulatory approval, through the construction, operation and maintenance phases, to conclusion and environmental cleanup, Vertex offers a diverse range of services throughout the lifecycle of our clients’ projects.
Vertex is currently accepting applications for a full-time, permanent Intermediate Environmental Scientist – Risk Assessment in Calgary, Alberta. This individual will play a critical role in the execution of all environmental projects directly with risk assessments projects.
- Diploma or higher education related to civil or environmental engineering or other related discipline, with a professional designation
- A member in good standing of an accepted professional association
- Five years at a project management level directly leading Risk and Assessment Projects
- Extensive knowledge and experience using the Alberta Tier II and Subsoil Salinity Tool Guideline framework
- Experience developing Risk Assessment guidelines on various projects in various regions (BC, AB, SK, MB)
- Experience managing relationships with Regulators, Clients, First Nation communities, and other government entities
- Experience with business development initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent oral and technical written skills
- Support and assist the Project Execution groups in evaluating risk associated with contaminated sites
- Develop and manage project – specific budgets in alignment with the project’s scope and strategy
- Plan, organize, schedule and coordinate all assigned project activities, including mobilization, demobilization, manpower requirement, scheduling of equipment, materials and facilities to ensure work is executed efficiently and effectively
- Responsible for coordinating day-to-day operational activities of assigned projects and maintaining ongoing communication with clients and other involved parties
- Develop and assist with the execution of marketing plans to explore new business opportunities, while managing current clients, to ensure profitability, increase market share, growth and expansion of the Vertex environmental group
- Provide regular updates to management as it relates to project performance activities, schedules and other business conditions/issues
- Mentor and support technical staff
- Conduct regular site visits and review meetings to determine risk associated with contamination
- Review reports and advise risk associated with recommendation and guidance on risk management
- This position will be based out of the Calgary, Alberta office
- Compensation is commensurate with education and experience
- A comprehensive benefit package is provided
With a track record of success, Vertex provides a fast-paced environment where people thrive. We recognize that each member brings a valuable skillset to the Vertex team and we make health, safety and community well-being a priority by supporting numerous endeavors at each of our locations across North America.
At Vertex, we value teamwork through collaboration and provide support across the entire organization. If you think you have what it takes to play for the Vertex team, please apply.
When applying please indicate the following information on your application:
Job Requisition: 003 - 217
Job Title: Intermediate Environmental Scientist – Risk Assessment
*We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted*
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)