Build a meaningful career
At Morneau Shepell, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of almost 5,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Defined Benefit Pension Administration
Toronto, ON (Bay & College)
Permanent Full Time
Morneau Shepell can provide clarity among plan options and take the strain out of communications between members, administrators and fund managers. Our Ariel administration system is a robust recordkeeping platform that supports membership database updates, and provides electronic data interfaces, calculations and transactions.
Our Pension Analyst works in a team and is responsible for administering pension plans for assigned clients and providing analytical and administration support to both clients and the team.
- Performs standard pension benefit calculations (retirements, terminations, etc.) in accordance with plan rules and legislative requirement
- Assists in the preparation of year-end annual pension statement
- Works with pension databases and Morneau Shepell’s internal software/systems
- Receives and responds to routine plan enquiries and requests from clients
- Takes direction from, and supports, senior team members
- Attends internal training sessions to build knowledge of industry topics and trends
- Assists with special projects, as required
Succeeding as a Pension Analyst will require the following core qualifications and skills
- Post-secondary education (preferably in Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science)
- 0-2 years of Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution pension administration experience (completed retirement, termination and death calculations and experience with multi-employer pension plans)
- Knowledge of Defined Benefit pension plans and provincial pension and tax legislation
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Exceptional client service with strong professional acumen
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Advance proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook); expert proficiency in Excel
- Dedicated team player, who demonstrates initiative and independence
- CEBS or PPAC an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset
Fulfilling work that matters
Morneau Shepell is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours.
We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.