Outdoor gear company seeks highly competent, independently motivated, and hard working new team member!
AquaQuest is looking for a smart, self-motivated person to join our awesome team.
We are not an average company and we are not looking for an average employee. Here is a bit more info about AQ:
- 97% of sales are outside of BC, and 88% are outside of Canada
- 95% of sales are online, direct-to-consumer
- 25 years in business (11 in the Valley)
- 12 consecutive years of sales growth
- After many years of progress we are in the process of a full re-brand, including new logo, word mark, tagline, warranty, website, and updated product offering
- All employees enjoy significant flexibility with scheduling
- All employees are part of our meaningful profit sharing pool
- Amazing annual paid holiday plan for long-term team members
We require a hard working self-starter who can see a project through from start to finish. Someone who enjoys being a part of a strong and cohesive team, but can also get things done on their own, with limited support from others. The successful candidate will be a professional with experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: sales, marketing, IT, and project management.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working on (and eventually leading) projects on the sales and/or marketing teams
- Reporting on progress, performance indicators, etc, to management
- Creating your own meaningful and high-leverage work (you will have plenty of help and support from our team, especially in the short term)
- Providing valuable contributions in project meetings about strategy and direction
- Working well with others, respecting others, and wanting to make the most of each day!
Other required personal characteristics include:
- Trustworthiness & Honesty
- Better than average cognitive ability and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Minimum of 5-years experience being a nice person
Please only apply if you have a good deal of meaningful experience with the above criteria and/or a proven track record of success.
All applicants are required to apply by submitting two documents attached to your message:
PDF 1: Resume
PDF 2: Instead of submitting a cover letter, submit a 1 page (maximum) document that answers the following questions:
- What is your main motivation for applying for this position?
- What are your goals for the next 3-5 years?
- Tell us the main reason why we should choose you to become our next team member.
Here are a few final points before getting started:
- Please include your full name and phone number on this document.
- We respect your free time and don't want you to spend a huge amount of time on this activity. We recommend 5 mins per question, so that the entire process takes around 20 mins or less. We are looking for instinctual, honest, real answers, not the generic responses one might expect on a job application .
- You must submit your application prior to midnight, PST, on Sunday, Sept 22nd.
Only applicants progressing to interview stages will be contacted.
Thanks very much for your interest.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time