Hemmera, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausenco, is a leading Canadian environmental consultancy valued for our expertise and boutique approach. Our highly respected professionals have created opportunities for sustainable growth and balanced development for our clients. With a reputation for integrity and technical excellence, Hemmera offers progressive environmental services in Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Planning and Ecology, and Community Engagement and Social Sciences.
By providing quality services to our clients, Hemmera has earned the opportunity to take on challenging projects, which allows us to continue to add to our roster of exceptional professionals, contribute to scientific and regulatory dialogue, and give back to the communities where we live and work. With primary office locations in Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Whitehorse, and Toronto, we have established a strong project presence across Canada.
We are looking for a highly motivated leader with excellent technical, communication, management and interpersonal skills to work with our talented team in delivering outstanding service to our clients. The successful candidate will create, maintain and grow relationships within the Mining sector of western and northern Canada, and ensure client satisfaction with the quality and delivery of our work.
About the role:
- Providing leadership to the management of Hemmera’s mining sector environmental projects, and Ausenco projects in western and northern Canada.
- Promoting the growth of Hemmera’s core service areas, identifying and leading growth of new services areas, fostering and maintaining a strong reputation in the marketplace as an industry expert to enhance relationships with existing clients and develop new clients.
- Ensuring clients’ needs are met and delivered in a reasonable time.
- Directing Project Managers and others in developing and meeting schedules and budgets for all projects.
- Managing highly complex tasks related to major projects
- Directing the multi-disciplinary activities of work groups assigned to complex projects.
- Preparing and delivering presentations to clients and prospective clients.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive work environment through a culture of teamwork and cooperation within the office, region, and between other areas of the organization.
You are entrepreneurial in nature, have previous experience in leading complex projects within the mining lifecyle, and are a client focused professional who thrives in a fast-paced team-approach environment. You have a strong understanding of environmental management and consulting in the context of mining projects.
- Related technical qualifications including relevant undergraduate degree. Holding a master’s degree and professional designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 15 years of related progressive experience including at least 10 years in a Project Manager role or discipline lead role.
- Extensive project / discipline management experience involving fully managing multiple projects from beginning to end.
- Exposure to a variety of projects, multiple clients, and various degrees of project complexity within mineral exploration and mine development, operations and closure.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining a team of professionals to support projects and the business.
- Demonstrated track record of risk, financial and budget management.
- A skilled leader with excellent written and oral communication skills