Who We Are
Founded in 1889, YWCA Hamilton is known as one of Hamilton’s original social innovators and works from a feminist, anti-racist, and anti-oppressive framework. We are dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities.
Supports the Employment and Training Services Department in an administrative capacity. The Client Service Administrator assists in the recruitment of participants and employers for programs offered by the Employment and Training Services Department.
· Responds to participant and employer requests for support by ensuring Project Coordinator is informed of need;
· Researches and prepares contact lists for potential participants, employers and community information sessions;
· Works with the Program Staff to plan and deliver outreach and orientation programs and activities for recruiting eligible participants for Employment and Training Programs;
· Participates in program promotion and marketing activities;
· Maintains open communication with Project Coordinator – Pre-Apprenticeship and shares information in a timely manner;
· Follows up on missed appointments with participants;
· Prepares correspondence and documents as required;
· Provides the required assistance to the Project Staff for intake and assessment to determine eligibility of candidates for the programs;
· Provides support and assists in on-going program evaluations;
· Maintains appropriate information tracking to ensure monitoring and smooth operation of programs;
· Maintains appropriate Record keeping in accordance with YWCA Hamilton policies and procedures and confidentiality/privacy policies;
· Participates in mandatory organizational and departmental training and meetings;
· Ensures compliance for program policies and procedures provides recommendations to strengthen policies or processes;
· Nurtures and forms meaningful internal and external working relationships and partnerships;
· Understands and incorporates emerging trends, leading practices, industry professional standards;
· Supports YWCA Hamilton mission, vision and values;
· Performs other duties as required.
· Must have a college diploma in Business Administration, Social Services, or related field; or an equivalent combination of related work and academic experience;
· Must have 1-2 years’ experience in administration and client service, or related field;
· Ability to bring a feminist, anti-racist/anti-oppressive perspective to work;
· Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Strong skills using MS Office programs including Excel and Word;
· Ability to deliver culturally sensitive services in a multicultural environment;
· Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
· Ability to maintain positive, professional approach at all times;
· Must provide a current Criminal Record Judicial Matters Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost;
· Must have current Emergency First Aid/CPR or willingness to obtain at own cost.
YWork for us?
At YWCA Hamilton, we are intentional about fostering a workplace culture that values positive physical and emotional well-being through our values of Inclusivity, Equity, Community, Self-determination, and Accountability. We invest in our employees so that we can bring our values into the communities in which we live. We offer our employees:
§ On-the-job training and professional development opportunities
§ Staff fitness, aquatic, childcare and recreation discounts
§ Opportunities to get involved in our community
§ A competitive total rewards package
If you’re passionate about making a positive impact in the lives of women, children, and families every day, we would love for you to join our team!
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton.
As part of YWCA Hamilton’s commitment to Access and Equity, we strive to represent the diverse communities that we serve. Individuals who are First Nations, Métis, immigrant, refugee, lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender; and individuals with disAbilities and from racialized communities are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process. Please inform us of any accommodation requests.
Please Note: Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information collected during the recruitment process will only be used for employment opportunities only in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act. Only applications from individuals eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Reference ID: 1-MGM/MES-2020
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary