MacEwan University inspires students with a powerful combination of academic excellence and personal learning experiences – ours is a connected culture that focuses on learner-centered teaching, and on providing opportunities for students to grow and achieve.
The university provides a transformative education in a creative, collaborative and supportive learning environment. 19,000 full- and part-time students are enrolled in more than 65 programs: four-year undergraduate degrees, applied degrees, university transfer programs and one- and two-year diploma and certificates. Additional offerings include university preparation, English as an Additional Language, professional and personal development courses and workshops, corporate training and the Conservatory of Music.
The International Student Recruiter reports to the Manager, International Recruitment, with primary responsibilities involving recruitment activities in assigned regions of the world, providing accurate advice to prospective international students and working with MacEwan's authorized educational agents. This position involves significant travel worldwide.
The incumbent will recruit international students through a variety of activities such as high school visits, education fairs and educational agent/guidance counselor events outside of Canada. Duties will include:
• Developing a recruitment plan and budget for assigned annual recruitment activities
• Compiling and maintaining a database of recruitment fairs and activities in assigned regions
• Developing and maintaining relationships with Embassies and High Commissions
• Establishing connections with cultural groups in Edmonton to provide support for international student recruitment activities.
• Recruiting for ESL and continuing education opportunities
• Participation in developing communication with MacEwan’s authorized international educational agents, including newsletters, web site updates and mass email messages
• Reviewing requests from international recruitment agents and assisting the Manager International Recruitment in assessing and making decisions for approval or rejection
This is a full-time continuing opportunity.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and abilities:
• Intermediate to advanced level computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
• Internet skills; research skills
• Familiarity with university systems
• Strong public speaking skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Highly organized
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to plan and carry out international recruitment missions in countries where English is not the primary language
• Flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to speak a language other than English is considered an asset, but not required. Applicants are asked to identify their language abilities on their application.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexible hours, such as evenings and weekends, as needed for participation in recruitment actives. A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally is required.
A relevant four-year University degree is required. Graduates of MacEwan University are preferred. Experience working in a post-secondary environment is preferred. Cross-cultural experience, such as studying or working abroad, is preferred. A RISIA (Regulated International Student Immigration Advisor) designation would be considered an asset.
When you become part of the MacEwan team, you will enjoy a competitive salary. Our total compensation package includes:
• Competitive base pay
• Generous vacation time
• Secure pension plan
• Excellent benefits package
• Effective recognition and retention programs
• Continuous learning culture
• Opportunities for career growth
How to Apply:
Only applications received electronically will be considered. To apply, go to http://www.macewan.ca/careers and select the job posting.
Thank you for your interest in employment with MacEwan University. We will be reviewing all applications to select the candidates whose qualifications and experience most closely meet our needs. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
This position is included under the MacEwan Staff Association Collective Agreement. Please note; Article 22.1.1 (Grid Placement); initial salary placement for external candidates is limited to the first three steps of the salary grid.
MacEwan University is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage Indigenous people, persons living with a disability, sexual and gender minorities, women, and members of all minority groups to apply and to self-identify. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.