We are a fast paced, fun loving group of multi-disciplinary Brand Management Specialists driven by a common goal of delivering consistently high-quality work, on time and on budget. We support the activation and optimization of brand and marketing programs for a wide variety of clients across Canada and the US, and have offices in Toronto, Winnipeg and Portland. Our services range from Brand Strategy to Warehouse & Distribution, and cover everything in between to allow us to deliver a complete marketing solution in alignment with our clients’ needs.
Who You Are
Forget the small picture, or the medium, mid-sized, or standard picture… all you see is the BIG picture. When you look at a website or application, you immediately start mapping out the most efficient and enjoyable way it can be interacted with. Finding new and engaging ways to reach users is what drives you, and has led you to become part designer, part programmer, and part psychologist. You get how people think, and are more than willing to help your team find a way to harness that power for better results. To you, it’s all about experience.
What You’ll Do
As a UX Designer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing optimal design and user flow for web and mobile applications. You must have a clear understanding of business goals and user behavior, as well be proficient in a wide variety of skills surrounding the web development process. You’ll report to the Manager, Development Services, and be tasked with thinking outside of the box, and championing new, best practices.
What That Actually Involves
- Translating client requirements into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitating the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping, and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Designing and delivering wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Follow an Agile methodology for developing user stories and journeys.
- Identifying design problems with a goal of devising elegant solutions.
- Taking a user-centered design approach.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders.
- Asking smart questions, taking risks, and championing new ideas.
- Conducting competitive analyses and audits of other websites operating in the same space.
- Coordinate with UI design team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design, and more.
- Tracking usability goals and preparing reports for management.
- Developing mockups for the development and design team.
- Designing the overall functionality of the product, and, in order to ensure a great user experience, iterating upon it in accordance with user testing.
- Active involvement in the QA process to ensure the deliverables accurately match the user stories and journey’s you created.
- A degree or diploma in graphic design or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote.
- 1-3 years of experience creating visual designs and concepts for business and consumer facing clients.
- 1-3 years of experience using Agile/Scrum methodology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- The ability to conceive and conduct user research, interviews and surveys to translate them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes.
- Experience with strategy and content, user research, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe products, including InDesign and Illustrator.
- Skilled at creating detailed competitive and consumer analyses.
- The ability to work within a team.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Direct Focus offers a competitive salary based on education and experience. Employees also receive a robust benefits package and paid vacation in your first year of employment.
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Visual Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)