FYidoctors is currently recruiting for an Intermediate Accountant for a 20 month backfill at our Home Office located in Calgary, AB.
It is an exciting and transformational time at our Company; we are seeking someone to join our Accounting team who will report to the Accounting Manager to be accountable for fixed asset accounting and assist in business analysis. This is an opportunity to showcase your accounting, organizational and inter-personal skills and make a difference to a Company that is growing.
FYidoctors (www.fyidoctors.com), Canada’s fastest growing eye care provider, is a young and exciting entrepreneurial company. What started as a small group of 30 optometrists has grown to over 450 optometrists and over 240 locations in only eleven years! Our model is unique. We believe in progressive lens technology and manufacturing (at our own manufacturing facility right here in Canada), investing in the most current diagnostic equipment, and a consultative culture led by some of Canada’s most respected and reputable optometrists. We believe our success comes from our passionate people, and we require energetic and enthusiastic leaders to join this dynamic team.
You will be joining a fantastic Company unlike any other in Calgary – one that brings together Health Care, Retail and Manufacturing. Day to day we enhance people’s lives by helping them see and that is what we love the most about our Company. A close second however is our Home Office Team - committed to delivering the best possible service to our clinics and business partners located across the country. At Home Office we also enjoy being located in the heart of the Mission area with many restaurants and amenities located right around the corner.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Oversee fixed asset accounting including additions, accruals, depreciation, working papers and continuities.
- Prepare and analyze monthly capital and operational reports.
- Record accruals and payment for board of directors.
- Prepare commission schedules for doctor payments.
- Recognition and amortization of tenant inducements.
- Prepare various accrual entries.
- Quarterly preparation of board supplement financial result tables.
- Prepare monthly variance and trending analysis.
- Ad hoc requests as needed.
- Ensure internal control environment is adhered to, documented and continually assessed for its effectiveness. Recommend and implement improvements if necessary.
- Look to continually improve standard operating procedures and processes.
HOW YOU’LL BENEFIT:
- Possession of or working toward a CPA designation is considered an asset.
- Minimum of two years of accounting experience is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing, health care, retail or service industry is considered an asset.
- Excellent coaching and management capabilities.
- Able to set clear goals, establish accountabilities, and create a motivating, positive work environment.
- Sound judgement, thorough problem solving and decision making abilities.
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products, specifically MS Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both verbal and written.
- Fluency in French is an asset as a growing national organization with many French speaking colleagues.
- Possess strong communication skills to provide guidance and/or instruction to all levels within the organization, adapts their information/style to the audience, and explains difficult issues clearly, and tactfully, to the appropriate audience.
- A hard worker who has the ability to handle pressure and meet tight deadlines for themselves in an environment with a high volume of activity, while being detailed, organized and thorough.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
If you’re in Calgary and this opportunity interests you, apply by sending us your resume. All candidate applications are treated with full confidentiality. All applications will be sent to the attention of the hiring contact Laurieann Chaikowsky, Manager of Accounting.
In case you've found us somewhere other than our careers page, click here https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page to be brought back to the original advertisement, search Intermediate Accountant and the preferred location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We politely request no telephone calls please.