The Customer Service Advisor (CSA) works as part of a retail sales team to provide best in class customer care. The CSA often begins as a Pick-n-Pull Greeter and can work their way up through Part Sales, Parts Specialist and eventually a store Sales Lead through positive work ethics and evaluations. This is a retail sales position which requires a “can do” selling spirit and the ability to work as a team to meet the store’s sales goals. The CSA will be present during all peak customer traffic periods which could include weekends, sale days, or any other occasion that would generate high customer flow into the store per the specified store schedule. The CSA will promote sales and service to customers. The CSA is expected to maintain the excellent standards of all Pick-n-Pull policies and procedures, while always being pleasant, respectful, and helpful.
1. Promote the Pick-n-Pull Safety Culture.
2. Be a team player. Work as a member of the team to help the team achieve its goals.
3. Maintain a high level of integrity.
4. Provide required information to customers as they enter the store. Offer friendly and enthusiastic answers to customer questions.
5. Follow loss prevention, risk control, quality assurance, and proper cash handling procedures at all times.
6. Work as a team towards housekeeping, janitorial, and other duties as assigned by the task list. This can include cleaning tires, carrying batteries, mopping floors, etc.
7. Follow all company policies and procedures.
8. Identify when customer interaction requires assistance from management.
9. Complete sales training and follow the Pick-n-Pull 5 Step Sales Model. Engage in continuous training and education in all areas of the Pick-n-Pull business.
10. Additional duties as assigned.
1. Must work safely at all times. Follow and promote the Pick-n-Pull Safety Culture. Follow the all safety requirements, including being safety minded and working with your safety buddy at all times.
2. Must have good people skills with an outgoing friendly positive attitude.
3. Able to work retail hours including overtime, weekends and holidays at any store assigned by management within reasonable distance from home store.
4. Must have reliable means of transportation to get you to your scheduled shift.
5. Must be able to read, write, and speak in the English language.
6. Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not required.
7. Be proficient in automotive part/product identification and recognize parts and how they relate to our customer receipts.
8. Follow company dress code policy, maintaining a well groomed, neat appearance so as to create a favorable impression with the customers. (apron, badges, etc)
9. Previous experience in a retail environment preferred but not required.
Schnitzer Steel Industries is proud to be selected four years in a row as one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and to be recognized for our exceptional values. We promote a workplace free from discrimination and are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better culture for our employees, and better products and services for our customers. We cherish our values and encourage everyone to become part of changing the way the world conserves natural resources, supports sustainability, and preserves the environment through recycling.