Position(s): Case Manager
Location: PICS Vancouver (South) Office
Hours: 35 hours per week
Program: Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants – Stream 1: Sales and Service
The Career Path for Skilled Immigrants program provides customized services that assist skilled immigrants (in sales and service) obtain employment in their specialized field. It provides skills and qualifications assessment, career planning, language skills upgrading, job search assistance, mentoring and practicum opportunities, and financial support for training and upgrading.
As part of the Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants program, the Case Manager works with a diverse range of skilled individuals to assist them in securing employment in their specialized field.
The Case Manager for this program will also be required to participate in marketing, outreach and promotional activities for the program.
- Conduct formal needs assessments through a structured interview process to jointly identify and prioritize issues that are keeping the client from achieving employment. Make referrals to specialized assessment providers as required
- Develop, review and update action plans according to client needs and program requirements
- Identify job coaching/mentoring needs and coordinate with mentor services as required
- Monitor client progress by reviewing activities and results on an agreed upon schedule
- Conduct one-on-one employment counseling to enhance self-sufficiency and labour market attachment.
- Support clients in the development of effective resumes, networking, accessing the hidden job market and other job search activities
- Determine client needs and eligibility for (and administer) financial supports
- Facilitate career exploration and pre-employment workshops as required
- Prepare client progress notes, action plans and follow-up reports in accordance with Ministry requirements
- Participate in marketing, outreach and promotional activities for the program.
- Performs other program-related duties as assigned from time to time
Knowledge and Experience
- Completed degree or diploma in Social Services or related discipline supplemented by three years’ experience in employment counseling and facilitation; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience conducting and interpreting client needs assessments
- Experience providing individualized, on-line, or group employment and career counselling services
- Demonstrated experience motivating, coaching and mentoring clients with complex barriers and a broad range of cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated knowledge of local labour market issues, especially those related to immigrant and refugee clients
- Experience and technical ability to provide virtual services
- Familiar with utilization of PLAR assessments
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum intermediate proficiency in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- Ability to focus and concentrate on achieving consistent results
- Demonstrates initiative in meeting goals and targets
- Demonstrated ability in providing exceptional customer service and resolving issues both in person and in a virtual service delivery environment
- Ability to manage a large caseload while balancing between client services and outcome targets
- Strong interpersonal skills and capability of working with specialized populations
- Ability to facilitate employment workshops is an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills; fluency in French, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Tagalog, Mandarin, or Arabic is an asset
- Ability to travel within Metro Vancouver for outreach and marketing services
- Possesses Certified Career Practitioner Certification or currently working toward the designation
- Clean drivers abstract and a reliable vehicle insured for business use with $2 million liability
- Clean criminal record (vulnerable sector)
(How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume, stating salary expectations. Please use “Case Manager 10/19” as the email subject.
(PICS is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all who apply, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent