Head Cashier Position
Atlas Machinery Supply Ltd. (“Atlas Tools and Machinery”) has been Canada's Tool Store Since 1954!
Our goal is simple, to provide our customers with the best selection, knowledge and service of tools and machinery in the industry...
Atlas Tools and Machinery has been selling machinery, power tools and accessories for over 60 years. We are a third-generation family business who prides itself in treating our customers like family. Our primary retail location had always been in the heart of downtown Toronto with a wide selection of products which we continue to expand each day. In the last several years this has moved to our new South Etobicoke facility where beyond the 18,000 square foot showroom we also have a large warehouse to help with our fast fulfilment of products to serve our customers.
We offer a variety of products such as but not limited to: Woodworking and metal working machinery, Power tools, Cordless tools, Gas and cordless Outdoor/lawn power equipment, Cutting tools (metal, wood, masonry and stone, plastics, etc.), Abrasives, Adhesives, Pneumatic tools, Fasteners and Anchors, Hand tools, Mechanical tools, Clamping and work-holding, Precision tools, Inspection tools, Safety equipment, Tool boxes, pouches, bags and workwear.
We’re on the lookout for a new Head Cashier. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving sales and profit in their identified area of business and supporting the overall store performance. They will also responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience by keeping the counter & surrounding area organized and ready for customers and by offering friendly efficient service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in supervising our front-end team to ensure optimal performance and customer experience.
- Prepare schedules and assign tasks to junior members of the front-end team, including cashiers; train and supervise new cashiers.
- Collaboratively working as a member of the sales team to meet/exceed daily sales goals; maintain knowledge of our wide selection of machinery, power tools, and accessories in our 18,000 square foot showroom.
- Assisting in return, exchange or refund of merchandise, creating repair orders for warranty/non-warranty repairs; respond to queries from cashier team.
- Memorize product locations throughout the store and be able to direct customers or make suggestions regarding product purchases.
- Supervise and complete successful of all financial transactions with the customers. Executing all standard electronic cash register transactions proficiently and accurately according to operational procedures.
- Maintaining the balance of the cash drawer at all times; opening/closing of cash/balancing receipts at the end of day.
- Ensuring all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed while keeping the area clean and safe for customers and employees.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information.
- Ability to stay positive in high stress situations and maintain a positive work environment for all cashiers.
- Perform various duties throughout the store as required.
- Minimum four years of experience working in retail environment as a cashier and customer service representative
- Minimum one-year experience working in a hardware store, including training and assigning tasks to junior cashiers or customer service representatives.
- Minimum one-year post-secondary diploma
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $16.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- SUPERVISORY: 1 year (preferred)
- customer service: 4 years (preferred)