The Nisga’a Valley Health Authority consists of four Health Clinics located in the beautiful NASS Valley in Northern British Columbia. The main diagnostic Centre is located in the beautiful Village of Gitlaxt’aamiks, [formerly New Aiyansh], BC which is situated approximately 100 kilometres north of Terrace.
Our goal is to provide the best health care services possible to the citizens of the Nisga’a Nation, taking into consideration their unique health and wellness needs.
The incumbent has the overall responsibility for leading the management of the NVHA Leadership Team, assets and resources. Supports the CEO for the overall business planning and strategic direction of the NVHA.
- Establishes and implements business processes that effectively communicate and support NVHAs Vision and Mission
- In collaboration with the CEO, is responsible to support the oversight of the day to day management of the operations
- Supports a positive and progressive Organizational culture
- Provides leadership to the NVHA Leadership Team and supports the development of the Team Lead program work plans, priorities, goals and deliverables
- Develops Indicators (Success, performance and quality) to support the evaluation of individual programs
- Works with HR in the development, implementation and review of organizational performance evaluations
- Leads and supports the Accreditation Process as necessary
- Degree in Business Administration or combination of related education and experience
- Experience in a leadership role, preferably within a not-for-profit, healthcare environment
- Experience working in a First Nations Health Care organization in the area of day to day and financial operations
- Experience working with First Nations organizations, governments and communities, including regional, provincial and federal governments is preferred.
SUPERVISION: The position supervises a combination of HEU and non-union staff. Positions reporting to this position are Finance Manager, IT Manager, Team Leads: Maintenance, NIHB, Home care support, CCHR, Mental Health Wellness team, and Fleet Vehicles and Facilities
If you have any questions, please contact Melanie Woods, HR Advisor at  633-5044.
This closing date for this position October 4, 2019.
Job Type: Full-time
- Not-for-profit: 3 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 3 years (Preferred)
- HealthCare: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)