QR Code Link to This Post
Staff Accountant/Office Manager
Location: Vancouver (Westside)
About the Job:
We are a busy family owned public accounting practice seeking an energetic and professional Staff Accountant, previous experience is an asset. You will be working directly with the partners of the firm. This position will provide at least 40 hours per week. Office hours are 8:30 to 4:30pm.
- Preparation of T1 Income Tax returns
- Preparation of corporate year end working papers and T2 Income Tax returns
- Printing and assembling T1/T2 Income tax returns, financial statements, client letters
and other documents
- Monthly full cycle bookkeeping, including GST/HST returns, WCB returns, source
- Communicating with clients, and providing instructions to clients if necessary
- Administrative duties including: filing; and other work as assigned.
- Must have excellent communication skills (fluent in both verbal and written English)
- Ability to present yourself in a professional manner
- Outgoing and cheerful personality
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy
- Ability to communicate with clients
- At least 2 years experience in preparing T1 Individual Income Tax Returns
- At least 2 years experience in preparing NTR Caseware files
- At least 2 years experience with QuickBooks, SAGE (Simply Accounting) also an asset
- Must have experience and be proficient in the following software MS Word and Excel
We offer competitive compensation, which will be determined based on experience.
Overtime is part of the job and we allow you to bank your time and either be paid out or take time off in lieu.
Please send your resume and cover letter. We will contact promising candidates for an in person interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year