For over 53 years, Bayshore Healthcare Ltd. has been providing the highest quality care to our patients and their families across Canada. Bayshore Healthcare is proud to be a platinum winner of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for seven years and counting.
As a division of Bayshore Healthcare, Bayshore Therapy and Rehab believes “being the difference” in the lives of the clients they care for, and our community means creating special moments in everything we do. Bayshore Therapy and Rehab works one on one with clients in the community. We work at helping our clients reach their individual rehabilitation goals and encourage positive community integration. We support clients to achieve their maximum level of independence through our rehabilitation program.
Bayshore Community Support workers work with clients who have suffered from an acquired brain injury and need support to re-establish themselves in the community and develop their life skills around the home. We are looking to hire Community Support Workers to service the Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Maple Ridge, Burnaby, and New Westminster areas.
- Work directly with clients with acquired/traumatic brain injuries, developmental disabilities, or mental health in a goal based rehab setting.
- Work directly with clients who have challenging or unpredictable behaviours.
- Help plan, organize and execute structured routines to encourage independence in various life skills.
- Develop and execute client centered strategies for goal achievement.
- Work with substance abuse/ mental health concerns for clients in transitional settings.
- Work with clients to apply comprehensive and physical exercise routines as directed by a Trans-disciplinary team.
- Create formal monthly progress notes and quarterly reports for client files.
- Work with clients to develop community supports to help facilitate independence and socialization.
- Maintain regular contact with ABI Field Supervisor with regards to client condition, goal updates and changes to behaviour.
- Assist clients with research and formal application processes for government funding, housing and identification.
- Provide respite care to client family members to encourage positive family involvement in client centered care.
- Adhere to Bayshore Therapy and Rehab Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in proactive Health and Safety activities while performing all duties. Responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health and Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discuss same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with proof of vehicle insurance for business use.
- Clean Drivers Abstract.
- Comfortable transporting clients in the community.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada for any employer.
- Experience with mental health, substance abuse or acquired brain injury in a transitional setting.
- Experience working with challenging behaviors or clients with unpredictable behaviors.
- Understanding of cognitive deficits and ability to help plan and organize structured routines.
- Diploma in Community Support Work or equivalent is an asset
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and with an interdisciplinary team
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel etc.)
- First-aid and CPR is an asset
- Non-violent crisis intervention training or equivalent an asset
Bayshore Therapy and Rehab is happy to offer our team members:
- Full-time and part-time casual positions with flexible working hours offered Monday through Friday
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Weekends and Statutory Holidays off
- Competitive salary packages with extended health benefits after completion a of three month probationary period.
Bayshore is an equal opportunity employer and strives to promote a diverse and respectful workplace for all employees. Should you require accommodations, please advise our Human Resources Associate during the recruitment and selection process.
We want to thank all applicants for applying to join the Bayshore family; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please complete your application through Taleo at the link below:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
- Community Support: 1 year (Preferred)