Founded in 1986, Synagro Technologies, Inc. provides environmentally sustainable solutions for commercial and municipal organizations that generate organic by-products. Synagro consistently transforms industrial and municipal waste into environmentally friendly resources that benefit our communities. As the largest recycler of organic by-products in North America, Synagro uses best-in-class processes, from beneficial reuse to renewable energy, that adhere to the strictest of environmental regulations to provide compelling solutions for communities across the continent. Serving more than 600 municipal and industrial water and wastewater facilities in the United States and Canada, Synagro’s leading systems of organic by-product management services support municipalities of all sizes in saving money and meeting environmental regulations. Visit synagro.com to learn more.
Inspect, maintain, and control process equipment and perform mechanical maintenance throughout the plant.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Apply to all regulations that provide safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of the plant to meet processing, permit, and other applicable requirements
2. Perform preventative, corrective and emergency mechanical maintenance on all equipment throughout the plant under the direction of the Operations Manager such as welding, piping and refurbish equipment.
3. Identify, troubleshoot and repair mechanical malfunctions throughout the plant which includes documenting problem and resolution as well as reporting all problems and resolutions of mechanical malfunctions to the Plant Manager
4. Monitor and control plant operations in accordance with company policies and plant standard operating procedures
5. Maintain records of plant operations including, but not limited to, hourly operating data and abnormal operating conditions. Ensure that the facility operations within permit compliance, at/above design capability, and produced high quality product at all times
6. Perform fire guard duty as well as confined space watch
7. Participate and complete training programs within the time frame allotted
8. Perform any general work or other assignments necessary to ensure the safe, clean, and efficient operation of the facility to include sweeping, shoveling, and other housekeeping activities
9. Maintain work tools and ensure work tools are put in appropriate secure place after using
10. Demonstrate safe behaviors at all times and to perform their job in a safe manner
1. 1. Ability to weld, fit pipe, refurbish equipment, set and align rotating equipment
2. Ability to wire and unwire motors and perform zero energy check with a multi meter
3. Ability to recognize operational inconsistencies and hazards in the workplace and display proper judgment in responding to them
4. Ability to operate powered equipment and tools in a safe and efficient manner while on ground surface as well as at heights
5. Thorough knowledge and understanding of plant fire protection apparatus and systems and ability to operate all fire protection equipment
6. Able to work varying shifts, overtime, holidays, on call duty and emergency call-ins
7. Communication skills – verbal and written
8. Ability to operate a computer
1. Minimum HS Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2. 2 – 4 years’ experience as an operator in wastewater, steam, or other process plant operations, or equivalent
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Talking, Hearing, Seeing, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Stooping, Crouching, Grasping, and Lifting up to 100lbs
2. The worker is subject to both environmental conditions: Activities occur inside and out
3. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
4. The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to bio-solids.
5. The worker is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of extremities or whole body.
6. The workers frequently is in close quarters, crawl space, shafts, manholes, small, enclosed rooms, small sewage and water line pipes, and other areas which could cause claustrophobia.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all essential job functions, knowledge, skills, abilities, efforts, and physical or working conditions associated with a position.
Synagro is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. If you are contacted with an opportunity for an interview, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure your accessibility needs are met throughout this process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all individuals for their interest in Synagro however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Ability to set and align rotating equipment
Operate a Computer
Verbal and Written Communication
Ability to operate fire protection equipment
Knowledge of plant fire protection apparatus
Operate powered equipment and tools
Ability to recognize hazards in the workplace
Ability to work varying shifts/OT/On Call
Ability to weld and fit pipe, refurbish equip
Ability to wire and unwire motors
Wastewater Operator Experience
High School or better.