Care to join us?
If you are a caring and skilled individual who enjoys working with seniors, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for reliable part-time cook to work at Maeford Place, assisted senior living community located in Quesnel, BC.
Why work for Vantage Living?
- 100% Employer funded benefit plan available for full and part-time staff who work more than 20 hours/week.
- Flexible schedules to support work-life balance.
- Locally owned and operated.
- Beautiful, modern communities.
- A fun and vibrant company culture.
- Responsible for meal preparation and champions exemplary food services that provide tenants and their visitors with life quality and peace of mind in the dining experience;
- Ensures tenants are offered nourishing, varied and balanced meals and snacks prepared in accordance with standardized recipes and a rotating menu plan;
- Maintains the kitchen including receiving and storing meats, poultry, fresh vegetables, fruits and staples. Checks food orders for completeness and follows inventory control procedures for the storage of fresh and frozen food stuffs and dry goods;
- Ensures all staff involved in meal service observe safe food handling procedures. Demonstrates safe food handling protocols, policies and procedures while preparing, serving, clearing tables and washing dishes following meals to provide a safe and positive dining experience for residents and their guests;
- Under the direction of the Site Leader, participates in food service evaluation as part of the quality improvement program. Conducts food and service audits within the kitchen and dining room; and
- Works within the food services operating budget by following the standardized menu plans and order guides. Maintains accurate records related to food and supply purchases, inventory control, receiving, portion control and waste.
To Be Considered:
- Experience in volume food preparation as a prep or line cook preferably in a restaurant environment;
- Formal culinary training an asset;
- Valid Food Safe Certificate – Level 1;
- Solid understanding of customer centered service provision consistent with the intent and philosophy of assisted living and in support of exemplary service delivery;
- Knowledge of inventory control and food storage procedures an asset;
- Ability to organize and prepare nutritious and appealing meals with minimal supervision and respond to the changing needs and preferences of residents;
- Interest and motivation to enhance cooking and kitchen management skills under the direction of a trained Chef or designate; and
- Knowledge of provincial health, sanitation and safety regulations.
No resume? No problem. Reach out to us anyways. Let’s chat.
Job Type: Part-time