As Canada's Largest Independent Office and Educational Products Supplier, we are dedicated to providing high quality service with a personal touch to Canadians everywhere!
Job Overview: The primary function of this position is to: receive, to process and to enter office supply orders received via telephone, fax, email, account manager communications and the online ordering system.
The Primary goal of this position is to: ensure all customer requests are handled in a timely efficient and courteous manner.
- Answers and processes queue calls and inquires.
- Process orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conduct product research to best meet the customer’s needs.
- Up-sells to increase average order size.
- Process all return merchandise authorizations.
- Suggest alternate items of sale to avoid backorder.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken via Quality Record procedures.
- Complete all applicable forms such a quote form.
- Train new employees as required
- Complete on-going personal self-development/training as required.
- Miscellaneous duties/projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong interpersonal skills (ability to effectively deal with/successfully resolve matters with others – tact/diplomacy/courtesy).
- Capacity to establish, maintain and promote high standards of professional etiquette and superior customer service.
- Effective listening skills.
- Work accuracy and highly detail oriented.
- Ability to endure a long wait calmly or deal with problems without frustration.
- Time Management Skills.
- Strong Deductive Reasoning Skills.
- Ability to efficiently work both independently, and as part of a cohesive team, in a high volume and demanding environment.
- Grade: 12
- Speak English
- Must be able to talk clearly into a phone and have the capability to hear through a phone.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Canada without sponsorship
Preferred Knowledge of:
- Stationary Products
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Outlook
- Multi-line Phone System
SUPREME BASICS is an established vendor of office supplies, office furniture and educational products, with 6 locations throughout Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario. Supreme Basics offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an invaluable pension plan. Supreme Basics is fully committed to employment equity and cultural diversity within the workplace.
Work Hours: 8:30-5:00 with 30 minutes unpaid lunch
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.50 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Regina, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)