Craigwiel Gardens’ top priority has always been the safety of our clients and staff, but even more so now than ever. We are taking the necessary precautions and recommendations outlined by the Public Health Agency of Canada, the Chief Medical Officer, and the World Health Organization in our residence and office.
Craigwiel Gardens is hiring Personal Support Workers (PSWs) in Alisa Craig, ON!
Under the direction and supervision of registered nursing staff, the Personal Support Worker (PSW) shall provide direct basic personal and nursing care to the residents in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Long Term Care Homes Act and related Regulations.
Why you should work for Craigwiel Gardens:
- We are a lifetime employer
- Wage: We are a unionized environment. Unionized staff have a salary grid as per their respective collective agreements - $19.38 - $21.17 per hour!
- Personalized vacation planning
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program
- Specialized training for management and front-line workers
- Open door policy and new employee buddy system
- We hold a strong connection with our community
What you’ll do as the PSW:
- The PSW will provide for the individual needs of the assigned residents in accordance with the residents’ health care plans through the maintenance of the residents’ optimum level of functioning physically, emotionally, socially, culturally, intellectually and spiritually.
- Supports residents in achieving quality experiences – personal and social.
- Provides supervision and/or assistance to the residents in the activities of daily living including eating, dressing, transferring, toileting, hygiene, grooming and bathing as per the residents’ individual plan of care to meet their needs and expectations.
- Provides care and services to the residents with respect to their senses and communication.
- Provides oral and dental care.
- Provides for and implements preventative and safety measures and reports unsafe conditions such as the removal of “sharps” from resident’s rooms, footrests, and side rails, as per care plan and notifies the housekeeping department of broken glass, china, and remove spills on floors.
- Provides for and assists in achieving the residents’ nutritional needs.
- Determines change in skin integrity and implementation of skin care.
- Promotes and maintains skin integrity as indicated in the individual resident care plan to promote comfort and mobility.
- Provides comfort, rest and sleep to residents in their physical environment, positioning, and health treatment and care routines.
- Assists with financial, material, human resource, records and home’s quality management as well.
- Grade 12 certificate and a Personal Support Worker certificate from a recognized Community College
- Proficiency in oral and written English; have a keen interest in working with the elderly, work rotating shifts.
- Facilitate in both official languages an asset.
- One year experience in a long term care facility and medical certificate of good health.
- Standing long periods of time – major job function
- A current, clear, criminal reference check with vulnerable sector clearance.
About Craigwiel Gardens:
We are a community committed to providing residential and community services that enhance the lives and potential of each person we engage.
Craigwiel Gardens is a faith-based organization providing Long-Term Care and Community Support Services to meet the needs of the Seniors of North Middlesex and area.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.38-$21.17 per hour
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
- longterm healthcare facility: 1 year (Required)