As part of the TELUS Family, GoCo is a next-generation managed IT service provider that offers robust and flexible business communication technology like Unified Communications, Managed Networks and Network Security.
We are on a journey to assemble multiple industry-leading players into the most agile and efficient provider in the Canadian market.
Who are we seeking to join our team?
GoCo is seeking an experienced Network Engineer for its Growing team. This is a Hybrid position working close to Vancouver or Toronto office.
You will contribute to the team by performing the following:
- Establish, optimize, and secure the IP network environment through configuration, installation, documentation, and enforcing GoCo standards and industry best practices. The environment consists of Datacenter (Cloud/Colocation), Internet Access (DSL, Cable), and core/backbone routing and transport;
- Work closely with the manufacturers and vendors as well as internal systems, voice, network engineering/operations teams on service delivery projects for infrastructure and product enhancements and growth;
- Provide Tier III/IV support and guidance to Operations staff in the implementation of complex procedures or troubleshooting of highly complex or design-related issues;
- Ensure the 24/7 system/network uptime as an escalation point to production operations on-call staff;
- Provide technical mentorship and training for network operations team members;
- Responsible for providing root cause analysis for all network-wide events that affect service uptime;
- Optimize network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls;
- Upkeep skills by participating in professional development through educational opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional designations.
What do you bring to the team?
- Mandatory: 3-5+ years of experience working with heterogeneous service provider networks.
- Mandatory: Operational experience or vender certification with Cisco ISR/ASR/NCS (CCIE), and Fortinet Firewalls(FortiGate/FortiManager).
- Juniper, Mikrotik, and Cradlepoint knowledge an asset.
- Expert knowledge in diagnosing complex network performance issues and working with Network Monitoring systems, Wireshark, and other network troubleshooting/performance benchmarking techniques.
- Nice to have: Intermediate software development skills in Python or C#, with a network.
- Experience in the design, operation, and optimization of Data Centers, Internet Access (DSL & Cable), Firewalls and VPNs, DDoS, and core routing/transport networks.
- Experience in documentation and network topology visualization at all OSI levels.
- Operation experience with dynamic and static routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, GRE, MPLS, MPLS-TE, LDP, IS-IS, Segment Routing.
- Expert of WAN and LAN technologies and their role in network deployment (MLS, QoS, VLAN, STP, LACP, VRRP, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, ANYCAST, DPI, DM-VPN, EVPN, VPC, etc.).
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment and communicate effectively.
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies and network practices in a constantly evolving service provider infrastructure.
- Experience in Software Defined Networking (SDN/SDWAN) and Voice over IP (VoIP) an asset.
NOTE: The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to GoCo. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Please note that the selected candidate is required to successfully complete a background check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
GoCo is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.