Our client has very rappidly become a global power house in the saas arena. Their managed services team is new, and therefore in 'start-up' mode. This means, growing pains. With such pains come great challenges and opportunities to flex that grey matter muscle of yours. This is not an environment for huge ego's nor 9-5 clock watchers. That's not to suggest you won't have the opportunity to stand out and shine, nor do they expect you to forgo your personal life for the almighty business. They just want you to step up when necessary.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals that will use their understanding of craftsmanship and best practices to build robust, maintainable, redundant infrastructure. As a saas provider, nothing is set in stone; our client wants to continually evolve their platform and the way they work by learning from what they've done and taking those lessons forward.
From front to back, they're looking for people who have:
- Work as a member of a global team.
- Performance monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting of Linux servers.
- Building tools to automate server provisioning, management and scaling.
- Work closely with development teams, architects and application teams to deliver multiple projects.
Our client wants team members who live and breathe:
- 8-10 year’s experience in designing, building and managing large scale Linux-based systems.
- Experience in automating large-scale deployments with modern software configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, CFEngine etc) is desirable.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across the organization.
- Data center grade systems infrastructure / architecture.
- Linux operating systems (Debian would be amazing. But, not necessary).
- KVM Virtualization platform (asset)
- Operations centric design and build.
- A high level of scripted automations.
- High capacity, always on infrastructure.