Mariner Brewing is a craft brewery in Coquitlam, BC featuring a 20bbl brewhouse, 50 person tasting room and 30 person beer garden. Our adventurous nature and love of craft beer led us to create Mariner Brewing: an exploration in craft beer in Coquitlam’s burgeoning city centre.
Mariner Brewing is looking for an experienced marketing, hospitality and operations professional to own our tasting room experience and help us take the Mariner Brewing taproom to the next level in craft beer, customer experience, food, and programming.
The successful candidate will be creative and driven with proven hospitality marketing and operations experience.
Salary will be extremely competitive and based on the successful candidates abilities and experience.
TASTING ROOM MARKETING AND OPERATIONS MANAGER
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day to day operations of the tasting room with a lead-by-example approach
- Develop and execute marketing and events for the tasting room to increase awareness, sales, and buzz
- Design and execute new features and offerings, working with our existing beer team, food team, and brand team
- Design and run regular programming in the tasting room
- Provide high quality hiring, training, and support of front of house staff
- Keep the mood upbeat and motivate the team to provide kickass service
- Create bookings and reservations for the tasting room, developing lasting partnerships along the way
- Ensure customer service and satisfaction
- Order materials for the taproom and kitchen
- Assist our social media manager by taking photos of guests, team members, and/or events
- Collaborate with the Brewery manager and head brewer to ensure all work is coordinated and done with a common purpose
- Look to top-tier breweries in BC and elsewhere for inspiration – strive for excellence
- Track, report and refine metrics and stats related to tasting room performance
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the general manager
- Minimum 3 years management experience
- Post-secondary education in hospitality, management, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Love of craft beer, parties, hospitality, and events
- Serving it Right and Food Safe certification
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- hospitality or beer: 3 years (Required)
- management: 3 years (Required)