Job Title: Regional Manager, Health, Safety and Environment
Reports to: National Manager Health & Safety
World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 65,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly. Founded in 1911, Air Liquide Canada has over 2,200 employees and serves over 80,000 customers in Canada’s aeronautics, automobile, agri-food, chemical, defence, electronics, energy, metallurgy, metal fabrication, mining and healthcare industries from our sites located in key industrial regions from coast to coast.
The Regional Manager, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) manages, and drives all initiatives aimed at providing a safe working environment to all business units of Air Liquide in employee, visitors and contractors through leadership, coaching and setting an example of good safety practices. The Manager maintains all business units of Air Liquide Canada ZERO ACCIDENT objectives and provides leadership to all managers and employees in the area of safety. He/she ensures that Air Liquide Canada operations are in full compliance with internal and external regulations as they pertain to HSE.
- Responsible for duties & responsibilities in relation to the following functions as delegated by National Manager H&S and contained within Air Liquide Industrial Management System policies.
- Maintains Air Liquide Canada ZERO ACCIDENT objectives nationally and defines and supports the Company yearly HSE & PRM action plan.
- Ensures ongoing compliance and interpretation to internal procedures and OH&S regulation.
- Provides support to the HSE programs by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits.
- Assists the General Manager of the region and Business units facility managers with the preparation of the operations review. Participates in operations reviews.
- Conducts internal IMS audits incorporating all facets of Air Liquide Canada operations and organizes safety audits with third parties as required.
- Drives on time validation of all accidents/incidents related to HSE.
- Facilitates and monitors on time completion of investigation, root cause and corrective action implementation.
- Monitors corrective and preventative actions resulting from internal and external safety audits, accidents/incidents root cause analysis.
- Ensures operational execution of the emergency preparedness and responses plans.
- Supports Air Liquide Canada regional set-up in relation to HSE and ensures
that HSE information is communicated to the relevant staff in a timely manner.
- Develops and shares best business practices through sharing of information across sites and HSE team.
- Monitors HSE key indicators in Intelex.
- Supports training and qualification HSE programs.
- Creates and reviews the procedures related to HSE and maintains Air Liquide Industrial Management System (IMS) format requirements.
- Works closely with third parties on specific WCB cases.
- Engages in the Return to Work and accommodation process with HR as a subject matter expert as required.
- Provides orientation programs to be used for employees, visitors and contractors for safety training.
- Participates actively in Ready For Startup Reviews.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma: BA or Diploma in Industrial Engineering or Occupational Health and Safety
- Achieved or working towards CRSP designation, is an asset.
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency with Google Apps
- Internal auditor training
- Training in health & safety
- Strong working knowledge of Transportation of Dangerous Goods, GHS, Occupational Health and Safety regulations as they apply to the operations of the organization.
- 5-8 years of experience in using a safety system.
- Promoting and Achieving Safety
- Communicating with Impact
- Innovative Thinking and Influencing Leadership
- Solution focused decision making
- Caring about customers and patients
- Managing Personal Efficiency and Competing Priorities
- Committing to AL’s Performance and Responsibility
- Anticipating and Dealing with Changing Environment
- Strong initiative, self driven individual with a passion for improvement.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify issues, trends and drive solutions for the betterment of the company.
- Detail oriented, process driven and results driven.
- Ability to travel is required as the individual will be expected to travel to sites and perhaps project approximately 30% of the time.
- Standard Office working conditions.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our company, visit us online at www.airliquide.ca or our career page at http://www.airliquide.ca/en/careers.html
Air Liquide Canada adheres to an employment equity program and strives to create a stimulating and open workplace that fosters fairness, respect and diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Health and Safety: 8 years (Preferred)
- Canadian Registered Safety Professionals: 3 years (Preferred)