Welcome to GFL Ft. St. John!
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Providing collection and processing for Waste, Recycling and Organics, GFL stretches across North America with over 10,000 employees. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for full time energetic and driven Heavy Equipment Operator to support our growing company.
With an eye to continued growth and development, we offer the following:
- A healthy and safe workplace culture
- Continuous growth and opportunity for career advancement
- A competitive RRSP/DPSP program (after 1 year of employment), helping you plan for financial success down the road
- Modern and well-maintained equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package for you and your family
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
As the Heavy Equipment Operator you will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the organic facility and safe operation of equipment.
- Operates heavy landfill equipment such as, excavators, skid steers, screeners, loaders, graders
- Verifies the equipment is in working order through daily pre and post inspections
- Moves and positions raw materials and finished components with use of material moving equipment
- Perform daily maintenance and cleaning activities
- Actively participate in safety meetings and safety culture
- Actively participate in refuse pick-up on site
- Other duties that may arise as assigned by supervisor or members of the Management Team.
- 2+ years of Operating experience with Heavy Duty Equipment (skid steer, track loader, excavator, wheel loader, dozer etc)
- Work experience in the waste, recycling or environmental services industries an asset, however not a requirement
- Clean Drivers Abstract
- Mechanical aptitude coupled with strong hand/eye coordination
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks
- Responsible individual with positive attitude and sense of pride
- Customer service focused and supportive of co-workers
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Safety conscious
GFL Environmental is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- heavy equipment operating: 2 years (Required)
- drivers abstract (Required)