Job Title: Labourer/Construction Cleaner
Location: Downtown Ottawa Ontario
Business Unit: Minto Communities Management Inc.
Why join Minto?
Minto is an award-winning integrated real estate development, construction and property management company that has proudly created healthy communities and innovative places for people to live, work and play for over 60 years. Our business is comprised of four entities (Minto Communities Management Inc., Minto Communities Florida, Minto Properties Inc., Minto Group Corporate Office) with operations in major cities spanning across Canada and the United States. As we continue to evolve and grow, we believe in hiring the best people who are as committed to creating incredible experiences for our customers as we are. In turn, we offer incredible benefits and career growth for our employees including a competitive total rewards package, Minto Learning Centre courses, tuition reimbursement, flexible summer hours in many locations and much more. Join Minto to find out how you can be a part of it all!
Support the Construction Team in maintenance and cleaning to help deliver the construction of our high rise projects from excavation through to completion. Contribute to an exceptional Customer experience and deliver on schedule, while upholding Minto’s core values.
What you’ll be responsible for day to day:
- Responsible for cleanliness/presentation of the project including site office, placing debris in appropriate designated places, while ensuring compliance with waste recycling program
- Responsible for traffic control during concrete pours
- Manage Minto Tool / Storage Container:
- Unlock & lock all site gates and doors as required
- Responsible for maintaining tools & equipment in good working condition, repair as needed
- Check power and cleanliness to temporary toilets and ensure heat is on.
- Shovel and/or sweep Minto site trailer steps and landings - daily
- Empty Minto trailers garbage - daily
- Sweep and / or mop Minto trailers once per week
- Check Minto trailers & site (if and when set-up on site) - water coolers and replace jugs as required.
- DAILY: check all safety stations, fire extinguishers, site and safety signage. Within the building and around the perimeter site fencing. Re-install or replace as necessary
- Supervise and ensure bins are picked up and placed safely and properly
- Oversee temporary heat & tarping
- Oversee safety railings at perimeter of all levels and around all openings
- Oversee Temporary lighting
- Maintain log of all Minto rental equipment on site and ensure the rented items are only here if needed, review weekly with Superintendent.
- Seek opportunities to assist our home owners in order to provide an exceptional customer experience including addressing any complaints forwarded by homeowners;
- Present themselves in a professional and customer focused manner in all interactions with homeowners;
- Review, assess and report any issues on safety to Health & Safety Representative or direct supervisor, includes ensuring protective gear used/worn;
- Ensure availability of temporary heat for interior trades (prior to the heating system turning on) as required;
- Other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by management.
Who we’re looking for:
Education: A High School Diploma as well as related education in a post secondary program is considered an asset.
Experience: Entry level position, previous work experience is an asset.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Safety training is considered an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Communication skills (listening, verbal)
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Good organizational skills to maintain specific timelines
- Attention to detail
- Must have the ability to perform physically challenging work
Minto is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. Should you require accommodation or support in any aspect of our recruitment and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- construction: 1 year (Preferred)