Location: North York and Woodbridge, Ontario
Job Title: Network Analyst
Employment Availability: Immediate
A progressive opportunity in supporting a growing wide area network operated by Techcom across Canada. Candidate must be highly motivated and able to deliver projects in an effective and efficient manner in a fast paced environment. Individuals must be self-motivated with an act of problem solving. Your involvement in projects will consist of design, development and deployment of small to large scale projects for Fortune 500 companies.
General Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Interpret business requirements and technical specifications in order to deliver a solution (either a new solution, an enhancement to an existing solution, or a break fix item for an existing solution);
- Perform tasks to business requirements/technical specifications, industry standards and internal standards/design guidelines;
- Investigate, analyze, resolve and document incidents; perform maintenance activities and correction of incidents;
- Create and maintain business and/or technical documentation using defined documentation templates;
- Provide support to TECHCOM clients, including participating in on-call and/or onsite support for internal and client users;
- Support the day-to-day administration of firewalls;
- Repair and/or assemble computer/server equipment;
- Flexible attitude, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, and perform under pressure on multiple initiatives/projects simultaneously in a very fast paced environment;
- Commitment to quality and a well thought out approach to assignments; and
- Ability to work well within a team and follow TECHCOM processes and policies.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience with 4 or more of: UNIX, Linux, Windows, patch management, Cisco Network, IDS/HID, encryption standards, SSL, VPN, IPSEC, TCP/IP, DNS, web security architecture, PHP, Apache, MySQL, Percona, Nessus, Active Directory, ESXi Virtualization;
- Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices, as well as IT infrastructure planning and development
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems; understanding of advanced security protocols and standards;
- Experience with software and security architectures; experience with security practices of Intranet and Extranet;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Fully fluent in English (speaking, reading and writing; fluency in French is an asset that should be highlighted if applicable);
- Meeting deadlines for deliverables, and doing things right the first time; and
- Working with a diverse audience, including effectively working individually or in a team environment.
- Candidates must also be prepared for a flexible working schedule (if required; will vary depending on business needs) and to complete a criminal and credit background check.
Salary is directly related to a candidate’s ability to deliver. While education and experience is important, the candidate’s attitude, speed and ability to deliver accurate results is paramount. TECHCOM is a performance based employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Networking: 2 years (Preferred)