A Concierge is responsible to supply a variety of conventional tourist and business information and services. They will recommend and arrange several different services for guests prior to arrival and during their stay.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer questions regarding and/or planning for dining, entertainment, sports events, recreation, tours, health and beauty services, childcare, transportation, religious worship, cultural activities, shopping, floral services, and others.
- Answer questions concerning and/or giving directions to hotel facilities, meeting rooms, or events held therein.
- Process and notify guests of receipt of facsimiles, mail, messages and packages.
- Assist guests in sending of such services.
- Maintain current information and materials regarding hotel facilities and services, local restaurants and attractions.
- Comply with WRS’s Occupational Health and Safety Program and the Regulation of WorkSafeBC
- Report any unsafe conditions, practices or injuries to their supervisor as soon as possible.
- Set a good safety example.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years experience in a customer service environment
- Previous experience as a Concierge strongly preferred.
- Must be able to build and maintain credibility and relationships with customers (internal and external)
- Detailed knowledge of Whistler area and available services
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and a passion for dealing with and emotionally connecting with others
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced ability for up to 4 hours in length and lift to 15 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Must be able to sit at a desk for up to 8 hours per day. Walking and standing are occasionally required. Length of time of these tasks may vary from day to day and task to task.
Contract length: 6 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Wellness program
Yes, we are a COR certified company and follow all Covid protocol. We require all associates to be double vaccinated.
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- customer service: 1 year (preferred)