Employment for Manifest Position
Niagara Skydive Centre Inc. is looking for a full time manifest/office administration. The job is at the company’s drop zone located at the Niagara Central Airport, in Pelham, Ontario.
This is seasonal full time employment running from now until to the end of October. We operate 7 days a week for the season. This position requires that you work every weekend without exception.
Skydiving is a fair weather activity. We are open for business whenever daylight and weather permit.
The manifest person’s job includes the following tasks:
- Answering telephones and responding to emails. It is important that the manifest person have a good knowledge of the services we offer and has a very good telephone manner.
- Greeting customers when they arrive at the drop zone, making sure their paperwork is properly completed, and that they are paired with an appropriate instructor or staff member as required.
- Ensure customers are properly registered before their skydive; this includes collecting payment, and verifying completion of all legal forms/waivers.
- Inform customers of the available photo/video packages that can be added to their skydive experience.
- Retail sales (items for sale or rent, kept in the manifest office). This includes souvenirs, gift certificates, and photo/video packages.
- Maintain an organised schedule for the day in order to ensure optimal use of staff and aircraft.
- Organising the aircraft manifest. This involves matching students with instructors and jumpers with available space in the aircraft. The goal is to keep the aircraft moving as efficiently as possible to maximise the number of jumps that can be made in a day.
- Maintain an up-to-date schedule for future dates; this includes ensuring reservations do not exceed capacity, and that any amendments/cancellations are recorded as they occur.
- Be a knowledgeable point of contact customers can rely on; this includes being able to field customer inquiries, demonstrating knowledge of the available skydive experience and add-on services, etc.
- Maintain an accurate record of each day's operations; this includes filling out load sheets, cash register balance sheets, and customer contact information.
- Complete the daily cash out.
- Ensure all staff members are appropriately paid for each jump completed; this consists of entering each staff member's jump into Jump Run, our specialised dropzone payroll system.
- Running errands, including taking in the bank deposit, picking up supplies, picking up people, etc.
- Managing the various vending machines we have on site. Manifest must inform management if stock is running low and if more needs to be ordered.
- Helping the other staff with the never-ending chore of keeping the place neat and tidy at all times.
We're looking for:
- Individuals seeking full-time seasonal employment (40-44 hours per week).
- Able to work flexible schedules. Due to our reliance on fair weather, schedules will vary week-to-week.
- Able to work weekends throughout the summer season.
- Strong communication skills.
- Individuals with an outgoing, customer-oriented personality.
- Knowledge about skydiving is an asset, though not required. On the job training will take place.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experience with Windows and MacOS operating systems, including Microsoft Office.
The ideal candidate for this job will be personable, friendly, organized, neat, computer literate, hard working, punctual and tolerant. Some jumping experience is an asset, but not required. It is important that the manifest person can handle several different tasks at the same time while keeping our customers happy by responding to their inquiries and requests in a quick and pleasant manner.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $2,500.00 /month
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)