Education Materials Manager, Production & Promotion (NFP, international, health) /
Gestionnaire, Matériel éducatif - production & promotion (OSBL, international, santé)
SKILLED contractual manager (TEMP, min 12mts – extension possible)
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH - http://www.wfh.org) is an international not-for-profit organization that provides global leadership to improve and sustain care for people with inherited bleeding disorders, including hemophilia, von Willebrand disease, rare factor deficiencies, and inherited platelet disorders. Established in 1963, the WFH works with member organizations in 140 countries as well as through a network of international volunteers and healthcare providers to achieve our vision of "Treatment For All" around the world.
The WFH is looking for an experienced, highly-effective, and technically-knowledgeable self-starter as Educational Materials Manager, Production & Promotion (TEMPORARY min 12 months – extension possible) to be responsible for all aspects of project planning and execution, step-by-step coordination & follow-through of material production, as well as evaluation of all education materials offered by the WFH in support of its mission & strategic objectives.
Type of position: contractual (min 12mts – extension possible); full-time
Location: Montreal (WFH headquarters)
Start Date: IMMEDIATE – latest May 2019.
Reporting directly to the Director, Programs & Education, the Educational Materials Manager, Production & Promotion (min. 12 mts, extension possible) plays a key interim role in the management, development and execution of WFH’s educational materials activities.
In close collaboration with the Director and with the assistance of other Educational Materials staff, the incumbent is tasked with all aspects of project planning and execution, developing (current material revisions, reprints, and new material), step by step follow-through, writing and/or editing, coordinating production, implementing and evaluating education materials produced in support of the WFH mission and its strategic objectives.
He/She manages the promotion and distribution of educational materials produced and provides organization-wide expertise and advice on optimal exploitation of WFH educational materials and resources.
The Manager also oversees, liaising with the Information Technologies (IT) team, the uploading of content, maintenance, and ongoing development of the WFH eLearning Platform.
MAIN DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES –
- Manage the various steps of the planning, prioritization, development, update/revision, and production of publications, curricula for training workshops, print materials, eLearning modules, online resources and other educational and training materials as per workplan objectives;
- Ongoing assessment, analysis and identification of knowledge gaps & educational resource needs among the various stakeholders of the bleeding disorders community, including but not limited to patients, healthcare professionals and/or national patient organizations;
- Write, copy edit and/or adapt content, proofread and format all resources to be suitable for target stakeholder audience;
- Proactively recruit and engage with, support volunteer writers, authors and reviewers to develop, review/update educational resources - facilitate exchanges and feedback on all drafts, as well as coordinate comments back to authors;
- Proactively engage with translators - direct translation reviews and the implementation of revisions to translations;
- Liaise with layout artists - update, review and/or revise layouts;
- Ensure quality control of produced educational materials and resources;
- Provide expertise and advice to ensure optimal exploitation and usage of educational materials and resources - to other WFH departments and development programs, as well as external stakeholders;
- Oversee the design, creation, planning and coordination of content, and opportunities to promote and market WFH educational materials and resources - liaise with colleagues in Communication & Marketing department as needed;
- Manage the promotion and dissemination of WFH educational materials and resources as well as the delivery of educational activities at meetings and events;
- Oversee the hosting, uploading and maintenance of developed and produced educational resources in the WFH Publications Database and the WFH eLearning Platform - including generating associated content required for posting, and ensuring content is up-to-date, correctly posted and linked;
- Manage the promotion of the WFH eLearning Platform and its resources;
- Identify, with the IT team, areas for development or improvement of the WFH eLearning Platform;
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effectiveness of educational materials and resources produced, reviewing learning objectives and targets over time;
- Research source materials and build and maintain a collection of resource materials and oversee the cataloguing of the collection.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Facilitate the work of key volunteers and WFH committees involved in educational activities;
- Administer the activities involved in the role including preparation of annual educational materials budget, provision of regular reporting, tracking and forecasting within approved budget guidelines;
- Produce impact and/or distribution summaries of WFH educational materials as needed;
- Actively support the work of all other aspects of the Programs and Education team;
- Carry out any other task relevant to the position as required by the Director, Programs & Education and/or the CEO.
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION REQUIREMENTS –
- University degree in education, curriculum development, public health, life/health sciences, instructional technology and/or related field
- Minimum of six to nine (6-9) years of relevant work experience in the development of educational & training materials for international development and/or healthcare community, non-profit sector, and/or working with an international organization
- Minimum of five (5) years proven track record in writing, editing, and coordinating production of curricula and/or educational resources in the medical or healthcare field - essential; knowledge of hemophilia and/or bleeding disorders an asset
- Experience in instructional design and demonstrated understanding of learning methodologies, preferably in an international context
- Superior writing and editing skills, ability to communicate complex medical concepts in language suitable to specific target audience (patient, healthcare professional, advocate, policy maker, others)
- Experience in print and online publishing
- Excellent organizational skills; attentive to detail
- Ability to think critically, collaborate with others in a diverse team of staff and volunteers, as well as work autonomously
- Highly motivated and efficient individual
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; ability to work well with volunteers and external stakeholders and as part of an international team
- Exceptional cross-cultural and diplomatic skills, and demonstrated experience in working with diverse cultures and countries
- Demonstrable project and time management skills; ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks & work on several projects simultaneously, evaluate needs, meet deadlines and produce deliverables as assigned;
- Resourceful, adept at taking initiative and following through; able to solve problems effectively and excel in a fast-pace, changing environment
- High computer proficiency, with extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, internet);
- Familiarity with eLearning platforms and multimedia software; LMS experience - asset
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English (main language of work); working knowledge of French, Spanish, and/or other international language(s) - preferred
- Entitled to live and work in Quebec, Canada
- Availability and flexibility to undertake occasional international travel as needed.
Salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Please send in confidence an ENGLISH CV and cover letter IMMEDIATELY to:
E: (see specified email)fax: +1 514.875.8916
The World Federation of Hemophilia / Fédération mondiale de l’hémophilie http://www.wfh.org Qc H3G 1T7 Canada
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Une version française de l’affichage est disponible selon la demande.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- instructional design + eLearning familiarity: 4 years (Required)
- development of ed & training materials for healthcare, nfp: 6 years (Required)
- writing /editing & coordinating production: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- superior English writing, reading (= language of work) (Required)