Working with the pharmacy team, the Regulated Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing superior patient service in a friendly, knowledgeable and professional manner. This role will be key in achieving departmental excellence in the areas of customer service, workflow efficiency and inventory management. The ability to be self-directed and able to work independently to meet strict deadlines will be essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
Key responsibilities include:
- Receive written prescription and refill requests.
- Check the technical aspects of a prescription and release the final product
- Prepare products for dispensing
- Accurate dispensing prescription medications.
- Prepare and compound products according to recognized guidelines
- Prepare pill packs
- Interact with 3rd party insurers
- Transfer prescriptions in and out when required
- Assist patients by answering simple questions, locating items or referring them to the pharmacist for medication information.
- Filing and Scanning.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles, including lists of medications taken by individual patients.
- Order and maintenance of Pharmacy stock through inventory control systems.
- Operate cash registers to accept payment from customers.
- Maintain and merchandise Over The Counter products.
- Administrative duties (answer phone, third party counts, inventory checks)
- Other responsibilities that may be required by the job
Qualifications and Skills
- Registered with The Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Experience in a similar role is an asset
- Experience with Pharmacy dispensing software is an asset
- Strong Communication skills
- Excellent patient/customer service experience
- Self motivated
visit our website to learn more about us: www.apcw.ca
If you are interested in this position, please send us your resume and a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)