Director of Sales, Griff Building Supplies Ltd.Opportunity Overview
Griff Building Supplies Ltd. is looking for an exceptional Director of Sales to lead all sales channels for the organization. This position will be based in New Westminster, BC.
This is a newly created position and a critical role for the organization as it positions itself for growth domestically and internationally. Reporting to the General Manager and as a member of the Leadership team, you will work directly with Operations, Logistics and Finance teams to achieve Griff’s vision and strategic goals. Primary duties include: collaborating with the senior team to set revenue goals, execute company strategy and implement sales plans to drive revenue growth and profitability in Griff’s Contractor, Wholesale and Export sales channels.
The successful candidate will be strategic, energetic, persuasive, well organized and able to demonstrate the ability to sell and lead sales professionals and support teams.
- Develop and implement Griff’s sales and marketing business plan aligned with the organizations strategic plan and direction
- Create strong and strategic relationships with key client stakeholders at levels Understand the competitive landscape and market trends within the building materials industryDetermine annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and resultsEstablish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas nationally and globally; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products across all geographies
- Increase sales volume, product mix, selling price and margins by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Manage sales forecasting, planning and marketing establishing high levels of quality, accuracy and consistency for the sales team
- Establish and monitor selling prices through competitive analysis, supply and demand
- Maintain sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting developing and training employees
- Analyze key client relationships looking for opportunities for growth
- Work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Interface with technical support internally to resolve issues that directly impact customers
- Work collaboratively with the sales, marketing, operations, purchasing, logistics and finance teams and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement
- Develop marketing initiatives and sales plans and define data improvement programs to achieve new customer acquisition as well as grow existing client relationships
- Create marketing and sales campaigns based on insights acquired through customer survey data and strategic account planning.
Experience & Education:
- 10+ years in Sales, with a minimum of 5 years in a Sales Leadership role
- Understanding of the building materials industry domestically and internationally
- A proven track record in the building materials industry selling within domestic and exports markets
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or a combination of relevant education and experience.Competencies:
- Entrepreneurial – acts as a professional divisional leader, able to act independently in assessing and taking risks to ensure achievement of the company’s strategic goals and sales business plan
- Market Awareness – Understands market trend and analyzing customer buying patterns
- Strategic – takes a long-term view and building sustainable plans that contribute to the organization’s long-term growth plan
- Technical – Has in-depth knowledge of the products, services and selling on the basis of product, customer and market knowledge
- Prospecting – devotes attention to the process of finding new potential customers and markets by developing contacts, referrals and pursuing leads
- Persuasive – focuses on convincing, persuading and negotiating in a compelling way
- Insightful – perceptive in reading people, market opportunities and using this to determine customer needs and identify sales opportunities
- Results orientation – sets KPIs and monitors progress toward achievement of metrics and outcomes (top and bottom-line growth)
- Customer focus – emphasizes the importance of putting customers needs and goals first, providing both quality and service
- Tactical – develops short-term plans to achieve long-term goals (project management and project leadership)About Griff Building Supplies Ltd.
Griff Building Supplies has been serving the building and construction industry in Vancouver, the Lower Mainland and beyond for over 50 years. Started by James Clark Griffiths (known as “Griff”) in 1964, the business quickly established an excellent reputation as a one-stop shop for building supplies. Today James Griffiths’ daughter, Deborah White, owns and runs the family business and remains as involved and committed as her father once was.
Griff’s culture is one which encourages teamwork and collaboration in a professional business yet casual, familial work environment.
If this sounds like a role you would thrive in, and you meet our client’s requirements, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your fit and interest in the role directly to Kevin Noronha at Hyphen Leadership & Organization Consultants.
Griff Building Supplies Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
We will be contacting only those whose skills and qualifications are deemed best matched for the position. Thank-you in advance for your interest in this opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time