Lakes District Maintenance Inc. (a division of Volker Stevin Canada) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager to join our management team in Dease Lake, British Columbia. The ideal candidate would be a knowledgeable and experienced leader with extensive experience in the Highway Maintenance industry.
Under the leadership of the Operations Manager of Service Area 28, the Assistant Operations Manager will be responsible for responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Operations Manager and Area Managers within the service area by planning, organizing, directing and optimizing the deliverables of our service area contract.
Outline of Position responsibilities:
- Providing daily guidance to the Bridge and Area Managers; overseeing the daily operational functions to ensure all work requirements are met.
- Making daily operational decisions based on budgets, operational plans and the CSE QMS with the goal of meeting or exceeding the MoTI requirements and Stakeholder expectations.
- Ensuring all aspects of the CSE QMS are adhered to and adjustments to the system, as directed by LDM’s Continual Improvement Process, are implemented.
- Performing quality inspections, planning work schedules within the guidelines of the Service Area budget.
- In conjunction with the Operations Manager, Mechanical Operations Manager and the Quality Assurance & Safety Manager, coordinates and prioritizes equipment assignments, and ensures that maintenance activities are being completed in compliance with LDM Production Standards (CSE 105) and MoTI Maintenance Specifications.
- Ensures Quantified Work Activities per Schedule 2 are planned, scheduled and completed prior to the contract anniversary date.
- Works closely with all Stakeholders such as the MoTI, Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development (FLNRORD), Fisheries and Oceans Canada, municipalities, First Nations communities, RCMP and other affected Stakeholders to address their concerns.
- Supports Area Managers to ensure that LDM work schedules, policies, and the Collective Agreement are followed.
- Enforces proper work procedures and ensure operations comply with all safety and environmental rules and regulations.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance of all duties required.
- A working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 or training and experience in any of the ISO Quality Management Systems.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of the Highway Maintenance Agreement.
- Excellent knowledge of highway and bridge maintenance operations and MoTI Maintenance Specifications through previous management and highway maintenance experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the principles and techniques of organizational planning, administration, budgets, supervision and training; along with direct experience working within a collective agreement.
- Excels at scheduling and assigning workflow while maintaining order in an environment of changing priorities.
- Good knowledge of computer systems and office productivity software, with a strong skillset in Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess a valid BC motor vehicle operator's license.
This is an opportunity to work in a dynamic work environment with great learning & growth potential!
Located on the Stewart-Cassiar Highway, Dease Lake is a small close-knit community. Its surrounding region offers some of the most awe-inspiring scenery in the entire province and is the center point for an array of recreational activities. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a passion for the outdoors!
Reference ID: LDM0122112
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Highway maintenance: 3 years (preferred)