Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
About the Role:
The Infrastructure Administrator will be reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure. You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining Infrastructure technologies for corporate, broadcast and remote environments.
- Administer and manage the Corporate, Broadcast and remote site backup environments including tape libraries, agents and software.
- File / Data Transfer Solutions: Build and manage and support Enterprise File Movement Solutions (Signiant/ Aspera / FTP etc..)
- Provide full support for the VMware virtual environment, storage, servers and OSes, at the Corus Quay data center and remote sites.
- Consult with all business units to gather requirements, design, configure and deploy hardware infrastructure systems and workflows.
- Virtual environment: Administer virtual environment (ESXi, KVM, & Hyper-V), including the remote sites and staging. Troubleshoot, upgrade and performance tune this environment.
- Storage: Administer all tiers of enterprise storage. Deal with hardware, maintenance and firmware updates, as well as troubleshooting and cabling.
- Servers: Configure, deploy and administer all servers from a hardware and OS level. Work with system administrators and broadcast engineers to troubleshoot hardware and OS issues.
- Maintain the hardware inventory database.
- Vet hardware and OS requirements, obtain quotes and create standard OS images.
- Keep current with new applicable technologies.
- Maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with peers.
- Respond to any specific assignments as required.
- 24x7 availability via cell phone.
What We Need From You:
- Candidate will have a diploma or degree in computer related field and 3 - 5 years relevant experience.
- Expertise with VMware environments and the supporting hardware and software.
- Experience with Enterprise storage.
- Experience with SAN fabric configuration and support.
- Proactive with exceptional troubleshooting skills.
- Collaborative, strong interpersonal skills and an exceptional team player.
If You Have the Following….We Want to Hear From You!
- Experience with vRealize Operations is an asset.
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure ,Google)
- Experience with Signiant, Aspera or FTP file transfer services.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise backup environments is an asset.
- Knowledge of Quantum’s StorNext file system is an asset.
- Experience with Commvault backup software is an asset
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.