The Assistant Club Manager (AM) is responsible for the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgment Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club. The Assistant Club Manager (AM) will be accountable for leading a team of employees in a positive, motivating manner with continuous influence and assistance in employee training and development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Club Manager with recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Cleaner(s), Member Service Representative(s), and Trainer(s).
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members, guests and ensure employees follow superior customer service guidelines.
- Manage and/or oversee employee development and disciplinary activities.
- Promote and maintain consistent accountability and adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Champion and embody our culture, mission and core values.
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Manage and resolve all member requests, questions and concerns.
- Ensure repair and maintenance of both the facility and equipment to brand standards.
- Communicate and manage all marketing strategies and promotions to employees, as well as, members to grow the club and deliver results.
- Manage club ordering and inventory levels within allotted budget.
- Assist Club Manager to coordinate with PE Manager to assist in the delivery of fitness training program (PE@PF)
- Track, achieve and maintain all required key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Daily supervision of PCI compliance, cash management, and daily bank deposits.
- Assist Club Manager with management of all employee documentation. disciplinary actions, and performance reviews
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and must be 18 years of age or older.
- Demonstrate initiative and strong communication skills.
- Experience in customer service, operations and leading teams.
- Great organizational, relationship building and problem-solving skills.
Enable all people to enhance their lives through an affordable, high-value, non-intimidating, judgement-free fitness environment. We commit to connecting with each community we serve on a grassroots level by joining our communities with local involvement of our time and financial resources.
This position operates in a customer facing environment in retail locations. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit, stand and use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move objects up to 75 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, exempt position. This position may work outside of normal business hours to include evenings and weekends as needed. This description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time or without notice. We are a 24/7 business operation.
Up to 10% travel may be expected for this position.
Impact Fitness is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, career advancement and all other employment practices.