Job Title: Community Business Development Officer
Reporting to: Economic Development Manager
Position Type: Full-time, permanent
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week/Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
McLeod Lake Indian Band is looking for a highly motivated, organized and talented Community Business Development Officer to join the Economic Development Team to assist McLeod Lake Indian Band and its members to establish and expand businesses.
The Community Business Development Officer reports to the Economic & Community Development Director. The Officer is responsible for facilitating business development planning, business development initiatives, identifying and fostering business development opportunities. The Community Economic Development Officer secures funding for business development activities and programs and promotes McLeod Lake Indian Band in order to expand business development opportunities. McLeod Lake Indian Band offers a commuter vehicle to and from Prince George or Mackenzie for staff that live in Prince George or Mackenzie.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the McLeod Lake Indian Band policies, standards, and procedures and as directed by Management.
- Maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to the affairs of McLeod Lake Indian Band.
- Coordinate and participate in the development business plans and proposals.
- Assist with the development of strategic partnerships and liaise with representatives of business, industry, MLIB community, government and other related organizations.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies that support and encourage the expansion and diversification of existing business activities.
- Manage community initiatives in accordance with developmental plans.
- Research and prepare reports that illustrate relevant economic, demographic and other trends and forecasts.
- Create and implement 5-year tourism marketing plan for Tse’Khene Food and Fuel.
- Manage leases and rents for MLIB properties.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance and updates for MLIB properties.
- Network with business, government agencies and industry leaders.
- Attend meetings such as Land Management and others as needed.
- Respond to enquiries and prepare a monthly report.
Qualifications & Expectations:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, Economic Development or Commerce.
- Three years direct related experience
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management, conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with diverse groups including industry, government and community leaders.
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours and willing to travel for meetings.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- business development: 1 year (Preferred)