Bringing fresh global produce home. As one of North America's top fresh produce companies, we bring over 100 varieties of produce from more than 20 different countries to the market. With strategic brand partnerships we connect with growers from around the world and partner with the biggest retailers like Kroger, Whole Foods and Walmart.
Our business is managed by a team of dedicated professionals delivering exceptional service from over a dozen offices throughout North and South America. And because a healthy planet is essential to our growers, customers, and all of us at Oppenheimer, sustainability plays a vital role in everything we do.
OPPORTUNITY ALERT! We are looking for a motivated individual looking for experience in sales and has a passion for the produce industry to learn and grow with our dynamic sales team in Coquitlam, BC.
This is an amazing chance to join a stable, successful company that offers opportunity for learning and growth.
Newly graduated and ready to put your energy behind building a successful career in sales? Come learn with us and contribute to a dedicated team of sales professionals that love what they do.
What You Will Be Doing
Initially you will provide support to the sales team with the day-today operational and administrative needs by analyzing inventory and assisting with coordinating orders in a timely and accurate manner. Your energy and customer service orientation will drive you to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers while maintaining effective working relationships throughout the organization. You will build on your growing knowledge to collaborate with sales team members to grow the sales in the region. You will:
- Assist the sales department in conducting sales activities, planning for sales strategies and inventory management.
- Answer incoming sales calls in a professional, courteous manner and providing excellent customer service.
- Learn to aggressively build, establish and maintain a customer base for the assigned territory. Provide sales support to existing customers, solicit new customers, and make sales presentations as needed.
- Once your core knowledge in our business is sound you will sell company products and services in accordance with established sales targets.
- Over time you will learn to proactively identify customer needs and potential solutions to meet or exceed customer expectations, including contracting program sales and identifying spot business trading.
- Collaborate with staff to expedite sales commitments, and to resolve final pricing issues and related customer accounting and billing problems in accordance with company policies and procedures in a timely manner.
- Liaise with quality control, inventory control, transportation and operations staff to maintain awareness of company products and related services, as well as applicable standards and procedures.
- Participate in promoting a customer-focused, cooperative, team-oriented culture in alignment with the company’s core values.
Who You Are
- Schooled. Your degree or diploma in business with a focus in sales, marketing or agri-business will give you a foundation to build your experience. Spanish language skills are also an asset.
- Results-Focused. You have passion and desire to make a difference and tenacity to dig in, figure it out and keep trying until you get results.
- Experienced. You ideally have experience in retail purchasing or produce sales and marketing; however, we may consider an entry level candidate that has high drive to learn and build a career in the dynamic produce industry.
- Proactive. Not one to sit and wait, you proactively and systematically work to improve your skills and learn the business. Resourcefulness and tenacity are in your DNA.
- Incredibly Organized. You can work independently, make appropriate decisions and liaise with numerous parties, leaving them impressed with your follow up and attention to detail.
- A Team Player. You have been recognized as a go-to person; bridging and building positive relationships with customers, growers and across departments.
- Composed. You remain positive and poised in all situations, not much rattles you. Multi-tasking comes naturally and you find keeping busy invigorating.
- Flexible. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done; occasional weekend or evening work does not faze you.
If you are interested in the position please email your cover letter and resume in one document.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Retail: 2 years (Preferred)
- Purchasing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Produce Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Coquitlam, BC (Preferred)