Full time permanent
Primary Care Manager
Days, Evenings, Weekends
Rate of Pay:
To commensurate with qualifications and experience
October 31, 2019
About Mosaic Primary Care Network
Mosaic Primary Care Network (PCN) provides a wide range of primary health care services in the northeast and southeast Calgary communities in partnership with a group of family doctors. Our talented interdisciplinary health care teams work together to provide services that best support patient needs.
We want YOU to bring your expertise to our growing team as we continue to develop solutions to meet the needs of our local community. If you have initiative, are resourceful, engage easily in teamwork, and most importantly, want to make a difference in healthcare, we want to hear from you!
The MPCN is seeking an experienced Medical Office Assistant (MOA) to work in their Northeast and Southeast Calgary clinics. This individual will provide administrative support to the clinical staff and management and plays a key role in the organization and flow of clinic operations.
- Open and close the clinic daily
- Book appointments, scan documents into the Electronic Medical Records (EMR), and collect payments using the EMR
- Prints day sheets for Multidisciplinary Team Members
- Answers, screens, and forwards telephone calls
- Tracks patient referrals
- Completes patient call-backs, appointment reminder calls, and appointment re-booking for no-shows
- Greet patients, assist in completing health history forms, show patients to consultation rooms
- Operates office equipment such as voicemail, photocopiers, fax machines, scanners, computer (Windows XP and/or Windows 7)
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with a related post-secondary certificate or diploma (Medical Office Assistant, Health Information Office Assistant, or similar) is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of medical office related experience is required. Please note that candidates with less than two (2) years of experience will not be considered
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of computers including MS Office (2007 and 2010 versions of Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and within a team, effectively managing his or her own time
- Organizational, time management and communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C)
- Experience working with culturally diverse clientele & colleagues
- Multilingual, particularly Arabic, Cantonese, Farsi, Hindi, Mandarin, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Urdu and/or Vietnamese
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience using Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Why Mosaic PCN
We provide a competitive benefits package for eligible employees including: comprehensive health and dental coverage, Health Care Spending Account (HCSA) / Taxable Spending Account (TSA), a group RRSP matching program, professional development opportunities, generous vacation and other paid time off, and more!
Conditions of Employment
Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications and a current police information check (PIC) including vulnerable search at the applicant’s expense. The results of the PIC may alter or revoke any offer made by Mosaic PCN.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest and resumes. Please note, only those candidates chosen to proceed through the selection process will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Mosaic PCN has recently been certified by the Health Sciences Association of Alberta (HSAA) and is in the process of negotiating its first collective agreement.