CAA Niagara serves over 128,000 members in the Niagara Region and employs 165 people within its five offices in Grimsby, Niagara Falls, St. Catharines, Thorold and Welland.CAA Niagara is part of a federation of eight membership clubs serving over 6 million members through 140 offices across Canada. CAA clubs continue to build on the trust earned over one hundred years; continually growing the suite of relevant products and services provided to members.The suite of products and services includes: roadside assistance, insurance, travel, rewards and public affairs.
The Travel Experience Manager oversees and supports multiple sites for travel services, while ensuring compliance to CAA Niagara and related industry regulations (TICO, ACTA, IATA), promotion and development of the travel segment & creating and maintaining key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
Adhering to CAA Niagara’s core values of respect & inclusivity, integrity, teamwork and service excellence, the successful incumbent will be a strong leader and coach, holding a passion for travel and a keen approach to optimizing operational excellence.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring all members of travel team are providing strong service excellence and adhering to all policies, procedures and regulations.
- Focusing on a leader-coach approach, create and ensure delivery of KPI targets from travel team.
- Continually looking for department optimizations, growth of travel sales and opportunities to expand travel department.
- Support product and system training of all travel employees.
- Accountable for Member Interaction experiences with the ability to handle escalations from members, employees and/or suppliers (tier 2).
- Monitor and report on membership and sales vs. budget and other cross-selling opportunities.
- Develop and/or roll-out of process improvement initiatives and targets to to improve efficiency
- Develop and track employee incentive programs to drive results and recognize achievements
- Develop the travel segment of business, which includes, attendance to external events and promotion to generate leads
- Encourage and support the planning and execution of travel agent-built group travel consumer events and sales.
- Assist in the staffing of other CAA Niagara events where travel presence is required, including the annual travel show, savings and rewards events, supplier events etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Initiative and Enthusiasm:
- Strong computer literary with knowledge in sales or travel technology (i.e. Salesforce or similar CRM, Sabre, Apollo or similar)
- Strong coaching skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change
- Decisive, problem solver and strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to help build a cohesive team: To facilitate the collaboration of people and cross functional groups
Maintains an enthusiastic, self-reliant and self-starting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountabilities. Strives to anticipate work to be done and initiates proper and acceptable direction for the completion of work with a minimum of supervision and instruction.
Education & Experience
- Post Secondary education, preferably in Travel or related field, or combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of Travel Experience
- TICO Certification required
- Certified Travel Manager (CTM) preferred
- Working in an office environment with frequent interruptions
- Occasional travel expected, within Niagara Region to other locations more frequent.
- Occasional work outside regular business hours and attend work related events
CAA Niagara is an equal opportunity employer commited to providing an inclusive, barrier free workplace.CAA Niagara provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the HR Team at email@example.com