Habitat Victoria seeks a highly-skilled, dynamic and results-oriented marketing & events professional to deliver all aspects of its fundraising, recognition and community engagement events efforts. The successful candidate will be as passionate about making a difference as we are. This is a tremendous opportunity for an organized, experienced events professional to bring their passion and creativity to strengthen the capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization. This full-time position is responsible for designing and executing fundraising events such as the iconic Gingerbread Showcase, as well as ReFind Art, donor, volunteer and staff recognition events, corporate team build experiences, donation drives and community outreach. In addition, you will be expected to contribute to the marketing program, raising the organization’s profile in the community through social media, website, blogs, newsletters, video content production, and other marketing tools and strategies. Reporting to the Director of Communications & Philanthropy, the Special Events Manager will play a critical role as part of a new team dedicated to enhancing Habitat Victoria’s profile and increasing financial support for its core programs.
Sound good so far? Here’s more about what we are looking for:
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Highly organized with a proven record in managing special events. A minimum of three years of delivering successful event-based fundraising efforts is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, time management, communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to diplomatically and effectively interact with a diverse group of stakeholders – donors, volunteers, Habitat homeowners, business leaders, colleagues and other supporters.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the expectation of preparing powerful written and visual collateral and content.
- Demonstrated experience with developing and effectively managing event budgets and relationships with vendors/donors/sponsors.
- Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Word).
- Highly adept with social media platforms and tools (e.g Hootesuite).
- Understanding of and proficiency with CRM database management systems (Giftworks preferred).
- Must have valid Class 5 driver’s license with acceptable driver’s abstract provided on application for this position.
- Flexible and open to varied work schedule (including some weekend and evening hours).
- Experience in the production of video content an asset.
- Experience with Adobe Suite design software an asset.
Special Events & Marketing
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year Events Calendar
- Prepare regular progress reports on event targets and activities
- Plan and execute major fundraising events, such as the Gingerbread Showcase and ReFind Art
- Develop and oversee the planning and execution of all other fundraising and community engagement events, including third-party fundraisers, build-related events (e.g. sod turnings, key ceremonies), and donor/volunteer/staff appreciation and stewardship events
- Develop, promote and lead the corporate team build program.
- Liaise and coordinate with appropriate staff for the effective marketing and PR of all charity events
- Manage the charity’s social media channels and deliver regular, timely content and updates to engage the community. Specifically targeting growth through digital channels to increase brand recognition and support.
- Liaise and coordinate with appropriate staff to ensure that suitably skilled and the desired number of volunteers required for the successful execution of fundraising and build-related events and other programs/requirements are secured
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping within the database for sponsors’ contributions, and the provision of appropriate sponsor recognition materials (e.g. thank you letters, recognition advertisements, and other acknowledgments).
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to design and deliver the collateral and communications materials needed to support the special events program.
- Comply with all Habitat Victoria policies and procedures
- Stay abreast of successful strategies in the industry and of other Habitat affiliates
These are representative duties and responsibilities, which are not all-encompassing and may change from time to time.
About Habitat for Humanity Victoria
Habitat for Humanity Victoria is a local charity that brings communities together to help families build strength, stability and independence through affordable homeownership. As part of a global movement, Habitat works toward a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. Our mission is to build affordable housing and promote homeownership as a means to breaking the cycle of poverty through the mobilization of volunteers and community partners.
Job Type: Full-time
- Events Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)