WHY JOIN THE CANADIAN CANCER SOCIETY (CCS)?
As Canada’s largest national health charity, we fund the most promising cancer research, champion cancer prevention efforts and deliver programs and services that benefit Canadians affected by cancer. Join us and you can work with passionate and committed individuals from coast to coast who are working towards a world where no Canadian fears cancer.
To learn more about us, visit cancer.ca.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Halton, Hamilton, Brant-Norfolk & Niagara, the Community Fundraising Specialist is responsible for all aspects related to the various fundraising revenue streams in order to achieve the local and provincial budgets. In conjunction with the Senior Manager and other required stakeholders develops an annual fundraising plan. In addition to this, creates, maintains and updates all detailed work plans to ensure successful execution of the overall plan. This position, plays a key role in engaging, building and fostering collaborative relationships with volunteers, donors, participants, sponsors and other stakeholders within the community that are critical in supporting CCS to achieve its mission. This role is based at 328 Mountain Park, Hamilton.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Collaborates with the Senior Manager to develop an annual fundraising plan in order to achieve local community and provincial revenue objectives.
- Develops, implements and updates detailed work plans, tactics and targets to achieve outcomes.
- Leads the prospect identification with the community, solicits, secures, manages, and stewards new and existing corporate partners, sponsors, donors, and other stakeholders to meet direct revenue goals.
- Maintains a portfolio of key account event participants and team captains with established retention goals; initiates and maximizes networking, cultivation and stewardship opportunities
- Prepares material such as proposals, presentations, letters, and other relevant documents/materials that supports the cultivation and solicitation of donations, sponsors, and independent fundraising events.
- Ensures stakeholders receive correspondence, required support, and updates in a timely and professional manner that meets their individual needs.
- Collaborates with staff and volunteers to customize/enhance fundraising initiatives. Assesses local needs, conditions and historical results, trends and provides recommendations to increase revenues.
- Provides support and strategic direction to special event leadership volunteer committees to deliver fundraising results. This includes creating and implementing fundraising strategies, tactics, recruiting committee members, providing training, and attending organizing committee meetings.
- Assumes responsibility for all aspects of detailed planning and implementation of fundraising events.
- Schedules and coordinates logistics for each initiative. Manages acquisition of materials and resources. Is available on-site during events to ensure last minute requirements are addressed.
- Works outside of regular office hours and attends frequent evening meetings and weekend events during peak season and as and when required.
- Travels regularly within local area and occasionally outside of the local area within the province.
- Works in compliance with the provisions of The Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, and complies with CCS’s Health & Safety Policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US:
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline with at least 2 years working in a fundraising or business development role or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- CFRE designation an asset.
- Solid understanding of the donor/client development cycle and demonstrated track record of identifying, soliciting and securing various types of donor/partner/client relationships.
- Preferred experience with multiple types of corporate and community giving including annual giving, major gifts, sponsorship, employee giving, third party events and cause related marketing
- Well-developed ability to build relationships, solid communication skills, with the ability to effectively persuade and inspire others to support CCS and its mission.
- Ability to work independently, communicate at all levels with confidence and exercise sound judgement, tact and confidentiality in relation to donors, volunteers, staff and the general public.
- Demonstrated time-management and organizational skills. Flexibility with changing priorities and ability to remain focused to meet targeted timelines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook), and CRM databases.
- Strong working knowledge and comfort level using various social media platforms to engage stakeholders.
- Experience in a complex, diverse, not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Criminal records check is required.
CCS offers meaningful opportunities to make an impact in the fight against cancer. We are committed to fostering a culture that is inspiring, supportive and exemplifies our core values: CARING COURAGE INTEGRITY PROGRESSIVE.
In return for your skills and dedication, we offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to have a rewarding employment experience where your contributions can make a true difference every day.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by November 20, 2019.
The Canadian Cancer Society is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. CCS will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that in keeping with the mandate of the Canadian Cancer Society to model and promote healthy lifestyles, employees are not permitted to smoke in or about Society premises or while carrying out CCS business.
Connect with us online
LinkedIn | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube