Behavox is seeking a talented Frontend Developer to join our team of highly skilled, industry-leading software engineers. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a fast-moving, fast-growing and hugely ambitious company.
Behavox is the People Analytics company. We're on a mission to help companies unleash the collective power of their people, making them smarter, more secure and more successful. Our platform reveals never before seen insights, helping companies improve in compliance, efficiency, decision making, performance, culture, and much more.
We have developed a platform that processes structured and unstructured data, analyses it using our cutting-edge sophisticated Machine Learning algorithms, and provides insights by means of patented risk-scoring logic and solutions for visualization of complex data structures.
With offices in New York, London, Montreal and Singapore, and clients all around the world, we are a global company and growing aggressively. We are a team of highly motivated, passionate individuals, singularly focused on achieving aggressive and transparent objectives.
Industry leaders across the globe are discovering the transformative potential of the Behavox platform. Now is the time to join.
About the Position
The Behavox platform covers fundamental aspects of data processing, targeting massive amounts of data coming from various sources, and requires a lot of engineering effort just to store. This is before tackling the even tougher tasks of processing and making sense of it.
Our platform is a powerful tool which helps clients work their way through billions of data items by means of searching, filtering and visualizing of relationships between entities in the system. We've built our own IDE and provided collaboration tools to unite analysts effort in insight extraction.
Please note that a take-home technical task will be part of the interview process for this role.
- Partner with our UX designer and other team members to create new shiny screens and applications.
- Design and create reusable components and contribute them into our UI kit.
- Work on visualisations of complex entity relations, data structures and events in the system.
- Discuss product feedback and come up with suggestions and improvements.
- 3+ years programming experience with frontend web technologies, such as HTML5, CSS3 and Sass.
- Demonstrated experience with TypeScript or other strongly-typed languages.
- Proven understanding of reactive programming concept.
- Ability to operate as part of a distributed software development team.
- Experience with data visualisation libraries (D3.js or similar).
- Experience with development of robust applications dealing with large volumes of data.
- Strong communication skills.
- Portfolio with links to your projects.
- You have passion for engineering and a proven track record of delivering great software.
- You're a problem solver, with the ability to learn new subjects quickly.
- You take full responsibility for the quality of your work including code functionality and legibility.
- You fearlessly accept difficult challenges to learn and improve.
- You strive to collaborate with others and be a team player.
- You are self-motivated and smart, and love thinking big and getting things done.
How We Build Behavox
- Behavox is all about commitment and results, not the time you spend in the office. So, while our working hours are flexible the intensity, as you would expect from financial services clients, is as high-paced as it gets.
- Small dynamic feature teams with short development cycles and dedicated deadlines. There is no "corporate" hierarchy and you can promote your own ideas just from day 1. We love competition.
- We're serious about testing. Code review practices and release criteria include targets for test coverage, platform capacity, performance.
- Advanced Cloud DevOps platform that allows building necessary cluster configuration through just UI.
- Canary releases with continuous delivery to all clients. No version fragmentation in production.
What We Offer
- Passionate team members who are applying cutting edge tech to data and analytics
- Competitive salary with performance linked bonuses
- Health benefits 100% funded by the company
- Generous time-off policy
- Inspiring and friendly atmosphere
- Flat and transparent organizational structure
Behavox is an equal opportunity employer. We are strongly committed to prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.