Champion Petfoods is expanding! We are excited to announce that we are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our rapidly growing company. With thirty years of growth in the global pet food sector, our ORIJEN and ACANA brands define our vision of being Trusted by Pet Lovers Everywhere. If you are passionate about personal and professional growth and see yourself as a key player contributing to our continued success by working in our award-winning company – we would love to hear from you.
The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for planning, developing, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Champion Petfoods (CPF) global technology systems including supporting infrastructure and network. This role is a key player in the overall technical design, standards and procedures of our technology systems and supporting infrastructure. This position reports to Director, IT Operations and will work out of our Corporate Office in Ellerslie.
- Manage and maintain business critical systems, including but not limited to: Infor M3 and supporting systems, Salesforce, Office 365, Enterprise system (e.g., Intelex, Igloo, OneLogin, Widen, etc.), SQL, SharePoint, VMWare, Hyper-V, Cyber Security, Backup (on/off site), Mobile Device Management (AirWatch).
- Manage the network (full edge, external/internal) and security in a global multi-site network
- Manage systems administration (mix of Windows/Apple hosts) in a domain environment
- Setup and management of workstations, servers and network appliances
- Manage complex infrastructure issues to resolution (in a hybrid environment including on-site, off-site and 3rd party resources)
- Help lead transitioning existing infrastructure and systems to a cloud-first model
- Vendor management
- Maintain fundamental documentation for global systems
- Assist the Service and Support team with hardware installations and troubleshooting
- Aid the Service and Support team to create procedures, documentation, and train staff on new systems when required
- Participate in the research, design, and/or implementation of appropriate technologies to support and/or improve corporate communications, access to information, and end-user productivity
- Develop and maintain successful and professional internal working relationships with all end-users, and externally with vendors and service providers
- Proactively identify any security, performance and reliability issues and lead to resolution
- Continuous improvement which includes updates and maintenance on hardware and software
- Develop and maintain accurate and timely recordkeeping regarding warranties, licensing, service agreements, maintenance issues, end-user issues, etc., and create and produce status reports, as requested
- Assist in developing and managing a budget for technology, IT service, and IT personnel
- Assist in selection of new systems, hardware and tools
- Keep abreast of trends in technology industry and provide guidance where necessary
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, with a focus on network design and administration (preferably with current & relevant technology platforms)
- 5+ years of supporting a corporate, technology-based environment with at least 50 servers and 500 workstations in a multi-site global environment
- Experience overseeing enterprise grade systems, applications and tools
- Working experience with cloud-based infrastructure technologies such as Azure, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience in designing and implementing desktop imaging and deployment technologies
- Experience in proper securing, managing and monitoring of all endpoints as per industry best practices
- Current technical certification from a vendor or certifying authority relevant to the CPF’s information system technologies
- Knowledge of applicable IT laws and regulations
- Effective leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, with ability to clearly communicate ideas and proposals and to discuss technical issues with non-technical clients
- Ability to develop and sustain successful internal and external working relationships.
- Strong analytical abilities, with ability to identify problems and determine, implement solutions
- Self-directed, with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability
- Ability to attend and/or conduct presentations to all levels of the business
- Working extended days and weekends as necessary
- Some travel is required