Nelson & District Community Complex
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR Under the general supervision of the Manager of Recreation, or designate, the Operations Supervisor provides effective
leadership for the facility maintenance and operations of the
Full-Time, facilities under the jurisdiction of the Nelson & District
Community Complex (NDCC), and works collaboratively with
Benefited facility staff to optimize program and service delivery. This role
The Regional District of Central Kootenay (RDCK) is requires considerable knowledge of best practices and
inviting applications for the leadership position of operations of Recreation Facility Management and will work to
Operations Supervisor at the Nelson & District ensure facility activities are carried out according to policies,
Community Complex. standards and regulations in order to optimize operational
This position will have considerable contact with RDCK
employees, contractors and the public. It is the This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position. The successful
Operations Supervisor’s responsibility to foster a applicant will earn $35.72 her hour and will be provided with a
workplace environment that is oriented to trust, open generous benefits package which includes three weeks
communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team vacation to start and enrollment in the Municipal Pension Plan.
effort. We have an anticipated start in mid-late July, but we are
willing to be flexible and work with the successful candidate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND Join us in Nelson!
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of
- Diploma in an applicable discipline such as Facility Nelson BC, a world-class recreational playground with all
Management, Construction Management, Site the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting
Supervision or Project Management, or an acceptable things to do and see year round. This community offers all
equivalent combination of education and experience the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and
- Minimum of three years’ experience directly related to diverse economy and thriving business sector, has
arena and pool operations PLUS a minimum of two convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care
years’ experience in a supervisory role services, and is located just a few hours away from major
- Refrigeration Operator Certificate city centres. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational
opportunities including ,skiing, hiking, and biking, as well
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Certification
as access to multiple special interest groups, theatre,
- Current Workplace Hazardous Materials Information music, arts and, of course, an exceptional recreational
System (WHMIS) Certification facility!
- Arena Ice Makers Course OR willingness and ability to
obtain within one year of hire
About the Complex:
- Pool Operator Level 2 Certificate of Competency or
equivalent Employees at the Nelson & District Community Complex
have the opportunity to be a part of a great team of people
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and work in a facility they can be proud of. The facility
houses an ice arena, a 6 lane, 25 metre pool and leisure pool,
AND ABILITIES INCLUDE:
waterslide, hot tub , sauna, steamroom, weight room, fitness
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team and studio and meeting rooms. As the central recreation hub in
to provide direction, coaching, and guidance as the City, the NDCC is a vibrant and active place to be.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, monitor and maintain
projects and budgets This posting, along with a detailed job description
- Good understanding of safe work policy and procedure outlining the complete required qualifications and the
and a demonstrated ability to ensure the facility is variety of roles and responsibilities included in this role,
maintained with public and staff safety in mind can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under
Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision,
exercise independence of judgment / action in the
Applications submitted in the form of a resume and cover
operation of the equipment and facilities
letter will be accepted by Human Resources until 8am on
- Possess and demonstrate strong administrative and
Tuesday, June 16, 2020.