Nupqu Limited Partnership is a growing business, proudly owned by member bands of the Ktunaxa Nation since 2009. With offices in Cranbrook and Fernie, BC, Nupqu conducts a wide variety of work: providing forestry, environmental, contract administration and safety related consulting services to a number of clients throughout the Ktunaxa Traditional Territory. We are currently seeking highly motivated, organized and responsible individuals to join our team in a dynamic and rewarding environment poised for significant growth.
These positions will consist of up to full time employment managed out of the Fernie office (duration of contract will be negotiated depending on applicant’s availability & contract needs). The successful candidate should look to have relevant experience and qualifications which align with the roles and responsibilities outlined below.
Roles and Responsibilities
Preference will be given to applicants with:
· Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as: Biology, Ecology, Forestry or Geography;
· Minimum three years experience in environmental management in the natural resource sector
· Experience with air, water, wetlands, and waste regulations and knowledge of Environmental Management Systems
· Preference will be given to candidates who are registered or eligible for registration with a professional governing body (eg. BC Institute of Agrology, College of Applied Biology, ECO Canada)
· Knowledge of applicable regulatory, legal and other requirements within the areas of responsibilities assigned, as they may apply to Elk Valley environmental aspects
· Previous work experience in Environmental Monitoring, Environmental Field Assessments, Survey’s and Technical Report Writing;
· Registration or eligible for registration with a Professional Association such as: The College of Applied Biology, Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals, BC Institute of Agrologists, or equivalent;
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite® applications (i.e., Outlook, Word and Excel)
· Proven safety track record & experience driving on resource roads;
· Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: May 14, 2020 4:30pm MST
Thank you to all those applicants that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract