Who We Are:
StopGap Foundation is a Toronto based charity that raises awareness about the importance of accessibility, inclusion, and a barrier-free society. This work is being achieved through a number of programs including our sought after Ramp Project, which involves outfitting single-stepped entryways with customized brightly coloured access ramps - the ramps have been placed in over 1600 locations in more than 60 communities across the country! Alongside the Ramp Project, StopGap Foundation runs multiple education, outreach, and team building programs to increase awareness of both external and internal barriers. These programs are successfully helping communities and the people living in them reach their full potential. StopGap Foundation is led by its Co-Founder and Executive Director and is looking for a Program Coordinator to be responsible for managing the day to day operational programming of the Foundation’s work.
What you will do:
- Manage our Ramps on Request program; this cornerstone program allows us to help remove barriers caused by single-stepped entryways, helps us achieve our awareness-raising goals, and assists in generating income to keep the StopGap ship afloat. You will process new ramp requests, coordinate with our contractor to get the ramps built, and oversee the painting and delivery of our ramps.
- Grow the Community Ramp Project; work to establish our volunteer-led program in more cities and countries. This will be done through outreach to new stakeholders and by sharing our resources and knowledge. You will also communicate with volunteers to ensure our written materials are suitable for use in the various communities we work with around the world.
- Expand and develop our School Project; education is the life force behind our initiative. Without education, there is no increase in awareness. Working with school groups of all ages has become a big part of our work. From kindergarten classes to post-secondary design schools, we bring our initiative into the classroom. You will coordinate partnerships with educators and school groups, and assist teachers in using our lesson plans and resources.
- Organize Team Building programs; this aspect of our initiative allows us to expand our support network through the development of partnerships with organizations and corporations in the community. Participating groups get an opportunity to have a tangible connection with our work while giving back to their community through painting ramps and local outreach. You will communicate with stakeholders, schedule and facilitate events to make the team building magic happen.
- Own our social media platforms; you will be responsible for creating the content calendar for our social media platforms, daily postings and market scans, as well as engaging with our audience and maintaining the friendly and fun, yet professional voice of our organization. You will be required to create engaging and educational written content for the newsletters and for all social media channels. You will create graphic design, illustration, video, and web content to be used in various places.
- Provide Executive Assistant support for the ED; StopGap Foundation is doing a lot with a little. Alongside leading the organization, our Executive Director, Luke Anderson (otherwise known as Ramp Man), is often asked to speak with various stakeholders. Your role will assume some scheduling and support tasks helping Luke manage his schedule and communications.
- Write grant and funding applications; as a charity, we rely heavily on donations, grants, and government funding. You are skilled and have experience writing funding applications. You are a persuasive writer who understands how to show the outcomes of our work in a way that makes it easy for people to want to give us money so that we can continue to do our important work.
- Grow our community of volunteers;our volunteers play an important role in our success. You will meet with like minded people and align a need on our end with a role that matches their skills and interests.
Who you are:
- You believe in the mission and vision of the organization; creating barrier-free spaces is something that you’ve always felt passionately about and you believe the work of StopGap Foundation is critically needed in the world.
- Exceptional at paying attention to details and managing many different tasks and projects; as the only other person working at StopGap Foundation, you will be responsible for making hundreds of small things happen. You are someone who embraces challenges and is used to managing multiple timelines, priorities, and email inboxes. You can plan, prioritize and execute without needing to rely heavily on others.
- You have a creative side;maybe you’ve worked in design, the arts or a woodshop before. There is some aspect to you that has an ability to appreciate visual design and apply creativity to your work.
- Access to a laptop and knowledge of using technological software such as Microsoft suite programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Adobe programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) an asset
- Knowledge of WordPress is an asset
- Comfortable working in a woodshop: using hand tools, power tools, painting, lifting moderately heavy objects is a necessity
- Having an Ontario G license is a necessity
Why Work With Us:
This is your opportunity to join an incredibly fast-paced, growing organization, led by a visionary Executive Director. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and execute at StopGap year after year. You will have access to the beautiful office space and network at the Centre for Social Innovation by becoming a member. We offer a competitive salary of $46,000, flexible work week where you are expected to self-manage your schedule roughly working eight hours each day. You will receive two weeks paid vacation and a benefits program that can be bought into. No two days will look the same: you may be working from home, the woodshop or CSI locations. To learn more about our company and Executive Director, please visit www.stopgap.ca.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to this posting. StopGap Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. StopGap Foundation would like to thank all those that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46,000.00 /year