Who We Are
Tridon Communications has been supplying wireless communication products and services to Alberta industry since 1981. We operate three full-service shops in Fort McMurray, Edmonton and Athabasca.
We are a:
- MOTOROLA Platinum Service Centre,
- KENWOOD Authorized Dealer,
- TELUS Customer Care Centre
- APEGA certified engineering and design facility
- State of the Art CSA Certified Repair Centre in Edmonton
- One of Canada’s Safest Employers (2014 Silver Winner).
Mission & Vision
WE will, through safety, integrity, and with excellence, lead our markets with innovative and effective communications technologies, relentless in our passion for absolute customer satisfaction.
We strive to be proclaimed the very best in fulfilling our customers’ needs.
Tridon is searching for passionate and dynamic solutions finders and builders who are TEAM and CUSTOMER focused. We are looking to find RF technicians that want to grow with us through in house, on the job and manufacturer directed training. We are willing to train and develop individuals with relevant experience and high electronic technical skills.
JOB SUMMARY – Senior Radio Frequency (RF) Service Technician, Fort McMurray, Alberta
- The RF Service Technician is responsible to program, install, test, troubleshoot, and repair radio frequency communications equipment at the workshop & our Client’s job sites.
- RF Testing of transceivers by means of Service monitor use - modulation, channel bandwidths, transmit power, receive sensitivity, BER and signal levels
- Reading and understanding of engineering drawings/documents
- Program MOTOROLA MotoTRBO AND KENWOOD Nexedge / Conventional & Trunking mobile and portable radio systems and equipment
- Install, maintain, and repair MOTOROLA & KENWOOD Trunked Radio Systems, Conventional Radio Systems (Kenwood Nexedge; Motorola Capacity Plus, Connect Plus, Capacity Max, SmartNet etc.)
- Experience with P25 Systems and related AFRRCS in Alberta a definite asset
- Install, maintain and tune antenna multi-coupler systems, transmit combiners, receiver splitters and duplexers
- Install, maintain and repair DC power systems – including battery testing
- Install and maintain PTP and PTMP broadband systems
- Antenna diagnostics (DTF & RL measurements)
- Advanced radio programming
- Network cable testing
- BDA installation and troubleshooting
- Cable management
- Advanced diagnostics
- R56 Grounding
- Dispatch Consoles (Wired and IP)
- Detailed report documentation (site survey, Engineering documents, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology or Wireless Systems Engineering Technology or a Certificate as a Communication Technician is required.
- A combination of related education and relevant work experience will be strongly considered.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Operator’s License or equivalent
- Recent Driver’s Abstract will be required upon condition of employment
- Pre-Access testing will be required for access to client sites
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of networking requirements and wiring standards applicable to the telecommunications industry
- Ability to grasp new technology, and deal with rapidly changing events
- Ability to work safely in hazardous environments
The Service Technician must be able to spend the majority of the day sitting, walking, and/or standing. They may be required to stoop, bend, kneel and squat for extended periods of time. They also may be required to carry equipment weighing up to 50lbs for short distances. They must be able to work at heights using a mobile aerial work platform. They must be able to work off a ladder.
Job Type: Full-time