Located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, the Pan Pacific Vancouver is a luxurious Canadian iconic hotel towering over the Pacific Ocean with 23 stories of architectural beauty. The waterfront property eloquently boasts panoramic views of the harbour mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline, like no other in the city. One of Vancouver’s leading hotels, the Pan Pacific Vancouver consists of 503 spacious guest rooms, over 42,000 square feet of event space, and offers a wide selection of modern hotel amenities including two waterfront restaurants. Catering exclusively to those who expect the best, our 75 Pacific Club guest bedrooms and suites are designed to ensure all your needs are met.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Assistant Financial Controller, the Hotel Accountant will perform a variety of accounting functions & transactions of technical consistency and methods used to meet the Pan Pacific’s hotel standards and policies. In addition, this position will become familiar with other support areas such as income audit, cashier, payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable in order to effectively lead the Finance support team.
We are an enthusiastic team who takes pride in what we do. We work hard and value a team approach to provide the best guest service. We celebrate our successes and learn from our mistakes. We not only create memories for our guests, but for our employees too, and have fun at various team building activities throughout the year. Pan Pacific Vancouver offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package and pension plan, hotel perks and an enjoyable work environment.
To support the Assistant Finance Controller and the Director of Finance:
- Ensuring the integrity and quality of accounting and internal control functions.
- Safeguarding the company’s assets through sound decision making and practices.
- Preparing financial analysis and reports, on monthly and ad-hoc basis
- Educate, train, support, and develop the Finance support team and other associates.
The key responsibilities of the Hotel Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Review and approve Accounts Payable entries.
- Backup for Accounts Payable coverage.
- Provide support and training for Oracle Fusion cloud accounting.
- Provide assistance and support for Income Audit, Accounts Payable, General Cashier, and Gift Certificate sales.
- Prepare capital expenditure requests and reports including monitoring progress and maintaining all supporting documents.
- Monitor bank accounts for Travel Agent commission cheques.
- Prepare month end journal entries.
- Review draft financials and prepare accruals accordingly.
- Prepare month end statistics reports.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts.
- Prepare financial reports and supporting schedules.
- Prepare and distribute financial statement booklet.
- Supervises/prepares the Excel Reports for the new month.
- Backup for approving petty cash requests
- Acts as additional signing officer (Finance Group).
- Performs banking transactions such as EFT batch payments, wire transfers, and account transfers.
- Assists the Payroll Coordinator as necessary, including being Backup coverage
- Reviews & approves the payroll run, in the absence of the Assistant Finance Controller
- Review promo catering bills.
- Copy daily promo from audit to summary for F&B month end.
- Prepare month end food & beverage reconciliation.
- Prepare F&B month end reports.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum five (5) years finance experience with progressive duties & responsibilities of increasing complexity.
- Applicable accounting studies and/or progress towards a recognized professional accounting designation (or recent completion).
- Experienced in Large Upscale Hotel preferred, with working knowledge of hotel systems (Opera, Micros).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel – advance; Outlook & Word – intermediate).
- Experience in Oracle Fusion cloud accounting & financial reporting studio an asset.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills in a people-centric team environment.