Do you want a position in the fast-paced and exciting culinary field? Boston Pizza Ackroyd is looking to grow our team and we have opportunities available for every skill set! Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Prep Cook and Line Cook are responsible for the quality, preparation of ingredients, assembly, cooking, plating, and garnishing of all food products according to Boston Pizza specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and follow a daily prep sheet to indicate levels on hand and amounts required.
- Ensure that meals are prepared in a timely manner in accordance with Boston Pizza recipes and assembly manuals and charts.
- Clean and organize the kitchen at all times. Follow all required checklists and cleaning schedules during and following his/her shift.
- Assure the proper care and maintenance of all food service equipment; identify equipment needs for food preparation and service.
- Ensure food quality by maintaining high levels of cleanliness, organization, storage, and sanitation of food products.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork within the restaurant.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous kitchen experience is preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for the kitchen and for producing great products every day.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Customer service skills – able to exceed guest expectations.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must work well within a restaurant team culture.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and have a strong initiative.
- A positive and team-oriented attitude.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods.
- Must be eligible to work in the Canada.
This is a full-time position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour