Are you passionate about providing the best patient centered service? Does working in a small rural hospital and supporting the provision of vital health care to the surrounding community appeal to you? Our Housekeeping Aides perform a very important role in keeping our Hospital safe and clean for our patients. West Haldimand General Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Hagersville, and is a scenic half hour drive to Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. If working to make a difference for patients’ appeals to you, then we would love to hear from you. We currently have a vacancy for a Housekeeping Aide in our Housekeeping Department.
Performs the following functions to ensure that departments are cleaned, stocked and prepared for patients, families and staff:
1. Cleaning of the Emergency Department, washrooms, isolation cleaning, room set up, spill and waste removal.
2. Replenish and stock housekeeping and paper supplies.
3. Stock linen quotas.
4. Maintain and clean housekeeping equipment.
5. Respect and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
6. Other duties assigned.
1. Minimum Grade 12 education and / or equivalent education
2. Previous experience in a hospital or health care setting preferred.
3. Demonstrates ability to accept assignments, delegation, requests and follow instructions.
4. Ability to communicate effectively with other members of the health care team, both verbal and written.
5. Ability to use commercial cleaning equipment and to work with cleaning agents.
6. Ability to work in an active nursing unit, dealing with isolation procedures.
7. Ability to stand for long periods, repetitive reaching, bending, climbing step ladder, pushing and lifting using good body mechanics.
8. Ability to demonstrate attributes that contributes to a respectful caring environment.
9. Ability to set priorities and organize work in response to department needs.
10. Past performance and attendance will be considered as part of the selection process.
Reference ID: 2020-50
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $22.03-$22.31 per hour
Our staff are provided with Personal Protective Equipment to keep them safe. Staff safety is a Hospital Priority!