Our linecooks help with the overall operations of our kitchen; banquet & catering, bar/ lounge and restaurant. Helps with food preparation, organization and execution of functions and restaurant “activities”. Candidate will have the ability to work at a fast pace, under pressure, without sacrificing quality and be able to demonstrate flexibility within their role. They must be able to work on the line preparing dishes for the breakfast or lunch or dinner service and help in the prep area as well. You must have a positive attitude and have a passion for the culinary art. We have an open kitchen concept where you are always on "stage"!
- Participate and help execute functions and daily “activities” of the kitchen
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and groups
- Portion, arrange and garnish food
- Work with the kitchen team to ensure smooth service
- Work hand in hand with the Food & beverage Manager
- Can help with training new kitchen staff
- Maintain inventory and records of food temperatures, supplies and equipment.
- Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- Maintain a clean kitchen and work environment throughout the shift
- Ensure wastage is kept to a minimum
- Performs other duties as directed by Food and Beverage Manager and Kitchen supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.50 to $16.00 /hour