Bayview Group of Companies is a grower, broker, and distributor of floral solutions. Established in 1948, Bayview has expanded its operations and provides products to some of the largest retailers across North America. Our head office is in Jordan Station in the Niagara Peninsula and we have 3 greenhouses in Jordan and Simcoe.
Currently, we have an opening for a Greenhouse Production Assistant Supervisor in our Jordan greenhouse. This position will assist in ensuring the department is meeting objectives for quality, quantity and productivity. They will ensure that each day's orders are processed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensuring that all work is performed in a safe and timely manner
- Communicating with all team members and the department's supervisory team
- Assisting with training and motivating team members in the department
- Providing guidance and support to temporary foreign workers
- Constant communication with the warehouse and other departments to ensure orders/products are supplied to other areas in a timely manner
- Accuracy when checking orders, labels, and packaging requirements
- Experience working in a greenhouse environment/operation
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment while prioritizing tasks
- Comfortable with working in a standing position for the majority of the day
- Experience leading/supervising a team of employees
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Reliable transportation to work
- Willingness to work up to 6 days per week in busy floral seasons (some holidays/weekends)
- Ability to use a computer for daily work activities
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Supervisory/Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Greenhouse: 2 years (Preferred)